Problem with Upgrade Installer for Windows 1.6.8 to 1.7.0

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problem with Upgrade Installer for Windows 1.6.8 to 1.7.0

Postby djpeterson » 27. September 2009 06:23

I currently have 1.6.8 running on my Windows PC. I am trying to upgrade to 1.7.0 using xampp-win32-upgrade-1.6.8-1.7.0-installer.exe. I was preferring the upgrade route so that I would not overwrite configuration files and so on. The problem is that the installer stops with the following message.

"Need XAMPP Version 1.6.6/7/8 but cannot find this version. Stop installation."

I tried checking for version related files. The contents of two .version files I found did say 1.6.8.

c:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\.version
c:\xampp\htdocs\install\.version

I also checked the install directory to ensure the install.sys and the serverupdate.sys said 1.6.8.

So far, no luck. I am not sure what else to check as to why the installer thinks I don't have 1.6.8. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
djpeterson

Re: Problem with Upgrade Installer for Windows 1.6.8 to 1.7.0

Postby Izzy » 27. September 2009 06:44

djpeterson wrote:"Need XAMPP Version 1.6.6/7/8 but cannot find this version. Stop installation."

I tried checking for version related files. The contents of two .version files I found did say 1.6.8.

c:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\.version
c:\xampp\htdocs\install\.version
The upgrade script is looking for the install folder in the C:\xampp\ folder not in the C:\xampp\htdocs\ folder

So try and move the install folder back to C:\xampp so you have C:\xampp\install and try and upgrade again.
Izzy

Re: Problem with Upgrade Installer for Windows 1.6.8 to 1.7.0

Postby djpeterson » 27. September 2009 13:31

I will have to apologize for having been a bit tired when I was copying & pasting paths. The install directory is under c:\xampp. I failed to update the path to remove htdocs on the second .version file. Thanks for the quick reply, though.
djpeterson

Return to XAMPP for Windows