uninstalling Drupal and/or Xampp

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

uninstalling Drupal and/or Xampp

Postby muklowd » 14. September 2009 04:31

Hi all

I recently performed my first ever install of Xampp (1.7.2) using the excellent instructions on this site and then added Drupal 6.13 as well. When I try to access the Drupal page (to run the install) I get an error stating "Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /opt/lampp/htdocs/drupal-6.13/includes/file.inc on line 895"

I've googled this error and the only suggestion I have found (on CreativeBushido) is that there is an issue between xampp 1.7.2 and Drupal 6.13 and that if I revert to 1.7.1 and 6.12 the problem should go away.

So my noob question is how do I uninstall these two in order to install the older versions? Is there a preferred clean uninstall option or can I just delete the folders?
Better still can someone tell me that the issue is easily fixed by some simple conf file change and I don't need to reinstall at all? :)

thanks for your help
muklowd
muklowd

Re: uninstalling Drupal and/or Xampp

Postby dmphotography » 15. September 2009 16:40

If you search the Drupal forums, someone did make a "sorta-patch" file for this, but I haven't tested it.
I've recently researched this issue and so far I've only written a Windows tutorial for it, but it's simple enough to figure out for Linux I think.

http://blog.myownserver.info/2009/09/how-to-install-drupal-6-13-on-xampp-1-7-1-for-windows/

The issue is with PHP 5.3 and the fact Drupal hasn't released an updated version for this version of PHP yet. It's not a major issue and the tutorial I made shows the simplest fix for it.

I hope that helps.
For great video and written tutorials and guides on creating your own web server and installing things such as forums, blogs, etc., visit http://myownhomeserver.com
dmphotography

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: uninstalling Drupal and/or Xampp

Postby muklowd » 15. September 2009 20:07

That's awesome - thanks very much for this reply!
:)
muklowd

Return to XAMPP for Linux