MSDE SQL connect help

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MSDE SQL connect help

Postby Dimicus » 10. September 2009 12:56

Hi all.

I think the answer for my question exist in this forum but it was hard explained in German :)

Ok. I have a MSDE SQL Server and i want to use PHP to connect to it and print out some tables.

i use string.

mssql_connect("server", "sa", "sa") or die(mssql_error());
mssql_select_db("InetDb") or die(mssql_error());

i get error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect()

So after some Google i found out i need to add some DLL's and change in php.ini to get it to work with MSSQL. Well i tried it all but no go. I followed some guides out there how to do it but noone of them where really clear.
I read in the help me file for XAMPP that mssql was supported but i suppose i need to activate something for it.

So i have xampp-win32-1.7.2
Please can someone explain to me what to do in a way that a 3 year old kid can understand. Clearly i need that help :(
Where can i get the needed DLL files. and where should they be located. Where in the .ini file should i change what parameters. where is this .ini file since they seems to exist in different areas.

here is my PHPINFO()
Compiler MSVC6 (Visual C++ 6.0)
Architecture x86
Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js
Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Support enabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path no value
Loaded Configuration File C:\Documents and Settings\emilja\Desktop\xampp\php\php.ini
Scan this dir for additional .ini files (none)
Additional .ini files parsed (none)
PHP API 20090626
PHP Extension 20090626
Zend Extension 220090626

I got it to work with mysql btw.

many thanx.
Dimicus

Return to XAMPP for Windows