upgrade to 1.7.2 break apache server

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

upgrade to 1.7.2 break apache server

Postby PedroMagueija » 01. September 2009 21:11

Hi all,

Think this is my first post here. So first of all, big thanks to the team that makes XAMPP. Keep up the good work.

Still, I have a problem. I upgraded from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 using the upgrade package available and made the adjustments that were required to my old php.ini in order to correctly boot XAMPP. It boots fine, and all php pages at localhost work. But my htdocs/ websites don't work anymore. It just ask's to download de index.php.
.html work fine. So I thought it was httpd-xampp.conf that was missing something but everything seems ok.

Anyone having the same problem. It was working fine in 1.7.1.
Thanks in advance.
PedroMagueija

Re: upgrade to 1.7.2 break apache server

Postby Wiedmann » 01. September 2009 21:14

and all php pages at localhost work. But my htdocs/ websites don't work anymore. It just ask's to download de index.php.

What's the difference between "localhost" and "htdocs/ websites", if PHP scripts are working at the first location, but not at the second?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby PedroMagueija » 01. September 2009 23:19

phpmyadmin is not under htdocs, and it works. My websites are under that folder and don't. It is really weird.
If you just type localhost in the url xampp ask for login and presents that page where you can check status, security and etc...
That works.

If I type localhost/SomeSiteFolder it doesn't work, just blank. If I type localhost/SomeSiteFolder/index.php it tries to download the file.
Any ideias?

Thanks.
PedroMagueija

Postby Wiedmann » 02. September 2009 00:58

If you just type localhost in the url xampp ask for login and presents that page where you can check status, security and etc...
That works.

So the "index.php" in "htdocs" is working. Also the files in "htdocs/xampp/*".

If I type localhost/SomeSiteFolder it doesn't work, just blank. If I type localhost/SomeSiteFolder/index.php it tries to download the file.

And only the files in "htdocs/SomeSiteFolder/*" are not working.

Any ideias?

- Check permissions and owner of the folder and files "htdocs/SomeSiteFolder/*".
- Is there a ".htacces" in "htdocs/SomeSiteFolder/"?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby PedroMagueija » 02. September 2009 19:07

Hi,

All permission in the files are ok. No there is no .htaccess. But I did notice something.
I wrote a simple: <?php echo "Hello World!"; ?> in "htdocs/SomeSiteFolder", and it accessed it fine. It printed out the message no problem.

But the other files don't work. It just asks to download. It could have something to do with the database access.
I'm going to try and isolate the problem a bit more. Anyway thanks for taking the time to understand the question.
I'll keep posting in this thread.

Thanks.
PedroMagueija

Postby PedroMagueija » 02. September 2009 19:47

Hi Wiedmann,

I used the debugger to go through my code, and it breaks in mysql_close(); instruction.
Checked the function in PHP 5.3 and came up with this bug: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=48754

So I changed my function to use the handle, as suggested...

[1 Jul 9:59pm UTC] busia at tiscali dot it

1) The sleep function is not needed
2) The connection is successful

An other information: if I save in $a the mysql_connect return value and
pass it to mysql_close php doesn't crash. In other words this script
works well:
<?
$a=mysql_connect('127.0.0.1', 'root', 'root');
mysql_close($a);
?>

This instead crashes php:
<?