How do I sstart phpmyadmin?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How do I sstart phpmyadmin?

Postby venturemc » 23. August 2009 23:35

Totally stupid question, but I can't figure out how to launch my phpadmin.
I just did the XAMPP install on Friday.

Windows XP SP3

I've actually had it open, but don't remember how I did it and cannot find anything in any of the XAMPP folders.

ANybody able to help the feebl minded? :oops:
venturemc

Re: How do I sstart phpmyadmin?

Postby Izzy » 24. August 2009 00:28

Go to http://localhost which should open the Welcome Page and after selecting your language you will see several menu items in the left column among which under the heading Tools is the phpMyAdmin link.

You can also get to the Welcome Page by clicking on the Apache Admin... button in your XAMPP Control Panel (XCP).

Go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin will get you there also.
Izzy

Postby venturemc » 24. August 2009 00:55

Thanks much!

For the record, when I tried to get to it from the XAMPP directory (under COmponents rather than "Tools" on my version) it brought up an outside phpmyadmin download site. Seems odd?

When I tried to access it at the localhost/mysqlphp it came up.
venturemc

Postby Izzy » 24. August 2009 01:02

venturemc wrote:For the record, when I tried to get to it from the XAMPP directory (under COmponents rather than "Tools" on my version) it brought up an outside phpmyadmin download site. Seems odd?
What XAMPP directory are you referring to?

Which version are you using and for the record it should always be quoted when requesting support or it will be assumed you will be using the latest 1.7.2 version?

The link to phpMyAdmin in XAMPP is under Tools in all versions as far back as I can remember.

The link under Components will go to the phpMyAdmin web site and is not the link that I posted above..

venturemc wrote:When I tried to access it at the localhost/mysqlphp it came up.
Impossible.
I have no idea what this link is for accessing phpMyAdmin, please enlighten the forum as it goes to nowhere in XAMPP.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows