Disappearing PHP Help!

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Disappearing PHP Help!

Postby angstman » 18. August 2009 18:28

Hi - newbie here would really appreciate some help...

Mac Pro - OS 10.5.7.

Just paid $295.00 for "easy" e-commerce package - "Cartweaver 3" (for use with DW CS4).

1) Installed XAMPP. Used terminal to set security etc. Result - nothing works - access denied to mySQL, phpmyadmin etc.

2) Re-installed XAMPP - left out messing with terminal. Set password in mySQL for root user, added additional user - me - Steve@localhost. Can now access various bits.

3) Installed Cartweaver extension to DW. Set up database - so far so good. Cartweaver has various php setup files - can upload and view / access these. However the "Presentation" files (index.php) will not display when uploaded (or in DW live view). All I get on http://localhost/cartweaver/index.php is a big fat BLANK SCREEN!

4) I started out life as a designer not a coder PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Thanx

Steve
angstman

Re: Disappearing PHP Help!

Postby Wiedmann » 18. August 2009 20:31

Regarding Cartweaver:
Wrong support channel. We don't know anything about this app.

1) Installed XAMPP. Used terminal to set security etc. Result - nothing works - access denied to mySQL, phpmyadmin etc.

Which XAMPP version?

Can now access various bits.

So the servers (Apache/MySQL) can start and you can access the XAMPP demopage?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby angstman » 18. August 2009 23:02

Hi - no I agree the cartweaver support is as good as useless - away from machine for a few days so unsure which version but pretty sure it's the latest download.

Yep everything seems to work - xammp intro page, phpmyadmin etc plus php info.

Thing is the cartweaver presentation pages did work - then stopped working after a re-install (on attempting to set up security - which just doesn't work - "do you want to set password {ja}" yes - enter password - return - "please use xampp as user name". Enter xampp username plus password - access denied...)

Can only gain access to phpmyadmin after editing 1 of the config files - entering root password & changing "localhost" to "Localhost" - This thing is beyond my ken - would mamp be any easier?
angstman

Postby MegaChriz » 19. August 2009 09:10

It's true there were some problems with XAMPP for Mac v1.7.2, most of them on the XAMPP security program.
Last sunday a new XAMPP version was released: XAMPP for Mac v1.7.2a. I only installed it for now, but it seems the problems with the XAMPP security are fixed, except perhaps for setting the FTP password (I didn't test that yet).
MegaChriz

Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby angstman » 21. August 2009 19:15

Pheww! Well thanks Chriz - all my problems resolved by 1.7.2a - everything works - and my php pages are back - with one exception - still have to edit config.inc.php (Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
to$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'password';

But other than that every-thing's peachy :lol:
angstman

Return to XAMPP for macOS