Question(s) about XAMPP on usb

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Question(s) about XAMPP on usb

Postby matej » 12. August 2009 08:42

Hello, I have question(s) about XAMPP on usb. In file .htaccess wchich protecting XAMPP directories are absolute paths(H:\xampp\...). H is my usb stick drive letter. When I plug my usb stick with XAMPP to other computer it assigns to my usb stick letter G. Are on other computer usable .htaccess files with absolute paths? Can I logon to XAMPP adress (localhost) with .htaccess protection on second computer? Will I receive a message "Directory mismatch" (difference between H and G drive letters) in XAMPP Control Panel? How I can convert theese absolute paths to relative form? Please help me, I am newbie.
matej

Re: Question(s) about XAMPP on usb

Postby Wiedmann » 12. August 2009 08:56

Are on other computer usable .htaccess files with absolute paths?

Not with full absolute paths.

Can I logon to XAMPP adress (localhost) with .htaccess protection on second computer?

Not with full absolute paths (see above).

Will I receive a message "Directory mismatch" (difference between H and G drive letters) in XAMPP Control Panel?

Don't know. But this message is nothing from interest.

How I can convert theese absolute paths to relative form?

Don't use drive letters. (or make them relative to "\xampp\apache")
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Re: Question(s) about XAMPP on usb

Postby DennisJN » 12. August 2009 12:43

I have had this problem and there is an easy fix.

Go into the Control Panel, Storage, Disk Management and change the memory stick drive letter.

The above path is for Vista, I seem to recall that XP gets to the Disk Management via a slightly different path.

Regards

Dennis.
DennisJN

Return to XAMPP for Windows