A strange behavior with Web server

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

A strange behavior with Web server

Postby RcDABO » 11. August 2009 11:00

Hello @ll,

I installed XAMPP server and everything goes perfect, when I entered in the browser localhost, private IP address or Public IP address i had a response from the server.

Trying to understand apache at low level (experimentation and learning) I uninstalled XAMPP and then installed Apache and linked with PHP following a tutorial, everything goes fine when I entered in the browser localhost or private IP address, but for Public IP address i don't have response from the server.

I though that maybe something in the apache conf file of XAMPP has something special, so I uninstalled Apache and PHP and then installed XAMPP once again and now the server doesn't respond when I enter my Public IP address in the browser. Is it possible that Apache doesn't rollback its whole configuration on the system when it is uninstalled, and now XAMPP is having the same behavior as manual installation?, if so please could you guide me on what to do to solve this problem.

I'm using Windows XP Professional SP3.

Thanks in advance and Regards,
RcDABO
RcDABO

Re: A strange behavior with Web server

Postby Nobbie » 11. August 2009 11:14

>Is it possible that Apache doesn't rollback its whole configuration on the system when it is uninstalled, and now XAMPP is having the same behavior as manual installation?

No.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows