Problem with installing apache! Please Help!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problem with installing apache! Please Help!

Postby dcoffe1 » 30. July 2009 05:43

I have tried installing Apache 2.2 and XAMPP on windows vista. I have turned off UAC and tried installing and I am still getting a Port 80 error. Could someone tell me how to make sure IIS is disabled and how to check what is using port 80. Would a VPN be blocking port 80 on my computer because I run a VPN for work everyday.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
dcoffe1

Re: Problem with installing apache! Please Help!

Postby Izzy » 30. July 2009 07:50

dcoffe1 wrote:I have tried installing Apache 2.2 and XAMPP on windows vista.
Do you mean that as well as Apache 2.2 you have also installed XAMPP?

dcoffe1 wrote:Could someone tell me how to make sure IIS is disabled
viewtopic.php?p=134260#p134260

dcoffe1 wrote:...and how to check what is using port 80.
Right click on xampp-portcheck.exe (in the xampp installation folder if you have got that far) and select to run as an administrator - but may not tell you what you want to know in Vista or you can use netstat or tcpview - your Windows Help could be useful to learn how to use the last 2 or try:
Start -> Run -> type cmd

Next type netstat -anop TCP

Check the PID number with the Task Manager>Processes tab.

Culprits may be Skype - change the port configuration in Skype and or IIS - see above how to disable it.
Izzy

Re: Problem with installing apache! Please Help!

Postby dcoffe1 » 30. July 2009 15:53

Ok so I just tried installing Apache 2.2 (not xampp). It seems nothing is using port 80. I have turned off UAC and disabled IIS. I do get an error in the cmd that pops up for a little but it popped up for like a second and I could not read the error. Any other ideas?
dcoffe1

Return to XAMPP for Windows