Explore button does not work

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Explore button does not work

Postby Orione » 18. July 2009 21:52

Xampp 1.7.1 on Windows Vista
I installed it in C:\xampp

Using CAMPP Control Panel Application i press "Explore" button.
Mouse changes to "busy" icon for less than 1 second but then nothing happens, while I would expect C:\xampp folder to open.

Is there any file I could check for error log?

I tried to reinstall the application 3 times, but nothing changed.
Orione

Re: Explore button does not work

Postby Izzy » 19. July 2009 00:32

Make sure you are logged in to Vista as an Administrator or even better with a
Vista Secret 'Super' Administrative Account
and that you have also disabled UAC.

Try right clicking on the C:\xampp\xampp-control.exe file and from the presented context menu select to run as an administrator and then try again to access Explore after the XAMPP Control Panel has started.

You can check the Event Viewer for any error messages relating to this as it seems it may be a Windows permissions related issue.
Izzy

Re: Explore button does not work

Postby Orione » 19. July 2009 14:26

After a night switched off my laptop decided I was right in trying to explore xampp directories.
Out of jokes, I resterted my laptop and everything now is ok.

> Make sure you are logged in to Vista as an Administrator or even better with a
> Vista Secret 'Super' Administrative Account
> and that you have also disabled UAC.

I'm running as standard user, and had non problem in exploring xampp directories in previous installations (even of this same version).
After switch off yesterday night and switch on this morning everything works ok.

> Try right clicking on the C:\xampp\xampp-control.exe file and from the presented context menu select to run as an administrator and then try again to access Explore after the XAMPP Control Panel has started.

As error is no more present I will try this solution next time the problem comes up.

> You can check the Event Viewer for any error messages relating to this as it seems it may be a Windows permissions related issue.

Thanks for the hint, I didn't think it could be a more general problem not straight related to xampp application.
Orione

Return to XAMPP for Windows