where is welcome screen ?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

where is welcome screen ?

Postby trinaz » 10. July 2009 22:42

I installed version 1.7.1 for windows with no problems...I think. I can't find the welcome screen or console..the only thing I have is the control panel ? Is there a way I can bring up the welcome screen for version 1.7.1 so I can set security...etc ?

Thanks, TR
trinaz

Re: where is welcome screen ?

Postby glitzi85 » 10. July 2009 23:13

In the Control Panel start Apache, then open a Browser and go to http://localhost

BTW: Setting up security is not as easy as it sounds. XAMPP contains several services, each should be secured in it's own way depending on your situation.

glitzi
glitzi85

Postby trinaz » 11. July 2009 00:55

Thanks...but this is what I get :

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php:2) in C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 4

C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php is a valid path..and the welcome screen file does open in DreamWeaver (default psp app)
trinaz

Postby Wiedmann » 11. July 2009 09:55

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Got to http://localhost/xampp/splash.php and create a new one.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby doby » 15. July 2009 18:57

I am having a simular problem. I get the following errow with the admin page:

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in S:\XAMPP\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 2

This is the same error I got before installing the correct .dll for xdebug. After the install, it worked fine for two weeks.

Now I get the same error.

I am developing on vista 64.

Please help.
doby

Postby glitzi85 » 15. July 2009 20:09

@doby: You get this error message after doing what Wiedmann posted?

glitzi
glitzi85

Return to XAMPP for Windows