n00b needs Config help

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

n00b needs Config help

Postby beeman » 08. July 2009 22:19

I am a n00b and a grey head, so that's two strikes against my understanding Xampp, I desperately need help from a 'programmer' which I am not!!
My aim is to work on and adjust my existing web site on my machine, then upload it again to my web server.

I have searched the forum but only find vague reference to my problem.

To date, I've installed Xampp, umpteen times, to C:\xampp. I have downloaded my catalog and installed it in htdocs, as catalog.
I have downloaded my database, ZC1, and created a new database with it.

Xampp is working and I can access the Xampp pages via localhost. I have spent approx 4 days trying to link the two (Apache and Phpmyadmin) together via config Phpmyadmin, so that I can view the catalog pages, without success. My frustration levels are through the roof and I'm about to chuck it all in.

With no disrespect to our friends from Holland, the documentation on 'config', "it's double Dutch to me"!! There is no way I can get the message, and so no way to operate this program for me.

Please. Is there a way to give me the steps in such a way that a n00b can get it sorted out?
beeman

Re: n00b needs Config help

Postby Nobbie » 09. July 2009 08:31

>the documentation on 'config',

What is "config", what is "catalog", what is "ZC1", what is "config PhpMyAdmin", what is the difference between "Apache and PhpMyAdmin" and "config PhpMyAdmin"?

We dont know anything about your PC, we cannot even see one byte of it - obviously you are speeking about kind of (standard?) software but even if you write a lot - you say nothing about this software, even not the most important information: the name of the software. How can we help you, if we dont know anything about it?
Nobbie

Postby beeman » 09. July 2009 13:41

Nobbie wrote:We dont know anything about your PC, we cannot even see one byte of it - obviously you are speeking about kind of (standard?) software but even if you write a lot - you say nothing about this software, even not the most important information: the name of the software. How can we help you, if we dont know anything about it?

The very first line states "XAMPP so perhaps you cannot extract information from the printed page.
If anyone can please help me sort out my problem? I don't need this sort of 'crap' from a support forum.
beeman

Postby Nobbie » 09. July 2009 13:52

beeman wrote:The very first line states "XAMPP so perhaps you cannot extract information from the printed page.

Thats not what i mean - you also wrote that:

beeman wrote:I have downloaded my catalog and installed it in htdocs, as catalog.
I have downloaded my database, ZC1, and created a new database with it.

Xampp neither comes with a "catalog", nor with a database "ZC1".

beeman wrote:I don't need this sort of 'crap' from a support forum.

I dont need trolls. I am NOT a supporter, I am a programmer that usually helps for FREE.

Not any more for you. n00B and impudent is a bad combination.

*plonk*
Nobbie

Postby beeman » 09. July 2009 20:30

Nobbie wrote:I dont need trolls. I am NOT a supporter, I am a programmer that usually helps for FREE.
Not any more for you. n00B and impudent is a bad combination.
*plonk*

Not much of a programmer if you cannot read the first line where it gives you the software name! As this is an Xampp forum I would anticipate that it was a given.
At 73 years of age I can manage without you, I have for the last 73 years, so you can take your programming and do what the monkey does with his nuts.
I will unsubscribe as your attitude on this forum is quite disgraceful.
beeman

Postby glitzi85 » 09. July 2009 22:13

beeman wrote:Not much of a programmer if you cannot read the first line where it gives you the software name! As this is an Xampp forum I would anticipate that it was a given.

I think it was clear that you use XAMPP, but still nobody knows what you want to do. I never heard of ZC1. phpMyAdmin is easily reachable via http://localhost/phpmyadmin (or the link in the XAMPP starting page).

glitzi
glitzi85

Postby beeman » 10. July 2009 13:48

glitzi85 wrote:I think it was clear that you use XAMPP, but still nobody knows what you want to do. I never heard of ZC1. phpMyAdmin is easily reachable via http://localhost/phpmyadmin (or the link in the XAMPP starting page).glitzi

Thank you for your concern, but thanks to the bad manners of the first idiot I found the information I needed off another forum, as it forced me to look around. As the original subject stated I needed 'Config' information, simple enough.
I can promise you....I won't be back to be insulted again.
beeman

Return to XAMPP for Windows