Running A Web Host

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Running A Web Host

Postby 02106YWY » 16. June 2009 09:36

Hello friends,

I intend to run my own web hosting service and right until now, I don't know where to ask. I hope this is the right place. My question is, how may I start a web hosting service of my own. Is XAMPP enough for this purpose? Any other special requirements? If someone can give a link to related guide, it would be awesome. Moderator(s), tell me if I can't post this kind of thread. Should this kind of post break any rule, I'm so sorry.

Regards.
02106YWY

Re: Running A Web Host

Postby kmaid » 16. June 2009 19:13

I am sorry to tell you this but running a paid hosting service using just xampp is nuts especially if you are hosting it on your home connection. If you are doing it for friends you may have limited success but if you are serious I suggest you check out www.webhostingtalk.com. I suggest you start out with a small reseller package to test the market which is very saturated in other words don't sink too much money into it without a good plan.
kmaid

Postby 02106YWY » 17. June 2009 06:22

That's a qiute good forum. Do you know anywhere else to get more details on webhosting?
02106YWY

Postby keatealphonse » 17. June 2009 12:12

Nice view's from people :)
keatealphonse

Postby el-quds » 17. June 2009 16:38

Hi

I was surprised of the phrase
but running a paid hosting service using just xampp is nuts especially if you are hosting it on your home connection.

I guess xampp is very good if u have security working well ...xampp security i mean

all u need is to have a good control panel compined to control ur webhosting service ...

anyway take alook at this site . it might be the best way to control ur servers http://www.cpanel.net/
el-quds

Postby 02106YWY » 17. June 2009 16:48

el-quds, can you tutor me on how to run a web host?
02106YWY

Postby el-quds » 18. June 2009 08:47

el-quds, can you tutor me on how to run a web host?

What i can promise is to provide all help i can ...But i know that there are many that are much more experinced than me..

Just tell us all on what stage are u now ? did u start ur work .. what did u do so far ..

I have a web server that is running on a 5 mb speed internet connection which is considered a weak service but my sites and forums are running very well i have an xampp server just like u and all my sites are running with no complain ...

what i don't have and wish to have some day is the control panel service ,,
if u manage to have them both i hope you will be allright ...
u can have a look on one of my web sites

http://el-quds.org

i am ready to provide any help i can and i hpe all will do the same .. I am sure of that ..
el-quds

Postby 02106YWY » 18. June 2009 09:48

i'm currently starting from scratch which means i've done nothing... but i do have several options instead of buying a web server and premium internet connection... for now, could you please estimate the cost of buying/running the server?
02106YWY

Postby el-quds » 20. June 2009 06:51

Sorry about the cost issue ..

I can't be of no help here it depends on many things

the country , quality of services and what package u choose ..... many things

u will have to check locally ...

Sorry
el-quds

Return to XAMPP for Windows