PEAR Configuration

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PEAR Configuration

Postby quinterro » 03. June 2009 13:08

At one time I had another package called MAMP on my Lombard and had to alter the configuraton of PEAR to be able to use it. Now that I am using XAMPP I have to reconfigure PEAR to do the same thing.

What are the configuration settings for PEAR for XAMPP? I have tried to set some of them but have no clue about other ones.

That ones I do have so far (I think) are:

bin_dir - /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin
doc_dir - /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php/pear

I would have thought that a AMP-type package would have a separate configuration file for PEAR.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
quinterro

Re: PEAR Configuration

Postby quinterro » 03. June 2009 15:22

I guess the easiest way for you to show the paths is to open Terminal, go to /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin and run pear config-show. Here is my output:

Code: Select all
blackbird:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin brianfutrell$ pear config-show

Warning: wordwrap() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in CLI.php on line 222
Configuration:
==============
                               __channels                                         
PEAR executables directory     bin_dir         /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin 
PEAR documentation directory   doc_dir         /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/
                                               php/pear                           
PHP extension directory        ext_dir         /Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php
                                               /extensions/no-debug-non-zts-200509
                                               22                                 
PEAR directory                 php_dir         /Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/bin     
PEAR Installer cache directory cache_dir       /Applications/MAMP/tmp/pear/cache   
PEAR data directory            data_dir        /Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php
                                               /data/PEAR                         
PHP CLI/CGI binary             php_bin         /Applications/MAMP/bin/php5         
PEAR test directory            test_dir        /Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php
Cache TimeToLive               cache_ttl       3600                               
Preferred Package State        preferred_state stable                             
Unix file mask                 umask           22                                 
Debug Log Level                verbose         1                                   
HTTP Proxy Server Address      http_proxy      <not set>                           
PEAR server                    master_server   pear.php.net                       
PEAR password (for             password        <not set>                           
maintainers)                                                                       
Signature Handling Program     sig_bin         /usr/local/bin/gpg                 
Signature Key Directory        sig_keydir      /private/etc/pearkeys               
Signature Key Id               sig_keyid       <not set>                           
Package Signature Type         sig_type        gpg                                 
PEAR username (for             username        <not set>                           
maintainers) 

Again this one is not correct since I was using MAMP before and changed the paths to suit it. If anyone can post theirs that would be greatly appreciated.
quinterro

Return to XAMPP for macOS