fwrite not working

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

fwrite not working

Postby uxte » 29. May 2009 13:47

Hello all,

I'm having a problem in Xampp and Wordpress where I'm using a fopen and fwrite function and getting the following warnings:

Warning: fopen(http://localhost/wordpress/wp-content/t ... le_add.css) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections in C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-includes\functions.php on line 2946

fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-includes\functions.php

fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-includes\functions.php

I already changed the file permissions with no result.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
uxte

Re: fwrite not working

Postby Wiedmann » 29. May 2009 14:14

Warning: fopen(http://localhost/wordpress/wp-content/t ... le_add.css) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections in C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-includes\functions.php on line 2946

I think this error message is clear.

BTW:
Why want you open a local file with the HTTP Wrapper (and through a webserver) and not with a direct filesystem access?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby uxte » 01. June 2009 10:43

Thanks for the reply Wiedmann,

This is now in a local server for testing purposes but it will be published in an external server. Of course when it's online I won't be able to access a system file so I can't point directly to it.

Any ideas why this is happening?
uxte

Postby Wiedmann » 02. June 2009 20:35

Of course when it's online I won't be able to access a system file

Why not?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows