Configuration Problems

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Configuration Problems

Postby Silent54 » 10. May 2009 18:36

I recently install XAMPP on a WIndows 2003 server with IIS, asp, and other necessary items installed. XAMPP seemed to install without any problems but I can't get the admin panel to show up nor can I open any .php documents. Not sure if I have this setup correctly or if there are other things I need to do to get php items to work. Below is my current XAMPP control panel view and the error I'm getting when I try to open the admin link. Thanks

Silent54

Re: Configuration Problems

Postby Wiedmann » 10. May 2009 18:37

I recently install XAMPP on a WIndows 2003 server with IIS,

If IIS is running, you can't start Apache.

BTW.
Why does you need XAMPP, if you already have such a server?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Re: Configuration Problems

Postby Silent54 » 10. May 2009 20:50

Well at first I had php5 and mysql installed with IIS running and couldn't get any of my php pages to work. It was suggested on another forum that I should uninstall both and use XAMPP because it was an all inclusive program/software. Also, I didn't realize I had to use apache. I thought if I used the windows version, I could use it with IIS. If that isn't the case and it would be easier for me to use apache instead let me know. I went with IIS because it's what I'm most familiar with from school. I have used apache a little bit. Thanks for the help.
Silent54

Return to XAMPP for Windows