HELP!!!! My htdocs files got removed when upgrade...

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

HELP!!!! My htdocs files got removed when upgrade...

Postby alucard01 » 16. April 2009 15:57

Actually, the upgrade was NOT successful. When I drag & drop the xampp file to applicaiton, it said it may need admin password, and when I type in, it said I do not have enough permission.

Then, I go back to my old xampp folder, ALL DATA GONE!!!!!!

So, can anybody please give me some help on this? I have very important data there and did not back it up.

I just though XAMPP will not delete my htdocs data but I am wrong!!!!!!

Any suggestion?
alucard01

Re: HELP!!!! My htdocs files got removed when upgrade...

Postby dferriman » 30. April 2009 21:10

From what I have read you may be out of luck. However, if you use time machine, just go back to before you upgraded and it should be there (maybe). Then, back up your info. From what I read, when you upgrade, you are over riding the previous files. So, I would just drop the old folder for Xampp into the trash folder, download the new one and install from scratch. If you are not having any issues with the one you have, stick with it. I am having issues with the latest release and these forums are a bit empty.
dferriman

Postby alucard01 » 01. May 2009 01:16

Thank you.

Actually everything has already lost. And I has re-written some of the codes already.
alucard01

Postby dferriman » 01. May 2009 11:53

alucard01 wrote:Thank you.

Actually everything has already lost. And I has re-written some of the codes already.

That is too bad, I feel your pain :(
dferriman

Return to XAMPP for macOS