Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library - Faults Apache

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library - Faults Apache

Postby pjbruce » 18. April 2009 11:30

Hi all,

When running xampp i get a variety of error windows from Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library displaying faults. I just click to ignore and keep working but they pop up everytime I interact with the server. It's difficult to work. I recently uninstalled and installed the 1.7.1 upgrade but getting exactly the same thing.

Wish I could just turn of the cursed Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library! :x

Example Errors:

Program: C:\xampp\apache\bin\apache.exe
File: c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\xtree
Line:294

Various lines given:
Expression: ("Standard C++ Libraries Invalid Argument",0)
Or
Expression: map/set iterators incompatible

Ironically I'm not even using visual studio as I don't develop in .asp

Please help.

Thanks ~ Pete
pjbruce

Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library - Faults Apache

Postby Sharley » 18. April 2009 20:47

Pete, there are a couple of places to try and disable this annoyance and if you use IE go to Tools>Internet Properties>Advanced and tick the box Disable script debugging and remove the tick in Display a notification about every script error - in other browser look for disabling script debugging.

Also Windows Control Panel>System>Advanced>Error reporting> select Disable error reporting.

You could also try installing Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 and also the latest .NET framework if not already installed on your PC - BTW they are both different and would need to be installed if not already installed which may help your case and do no harm.

These Google search results may also contain some help with this.

Good luck and please let us know if you find any of the above helps.
Thanks.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library - Faults Apache

Postby pjbruce » 20. April 2009 10:21

Hi Sharley,

Thanks for helping. I have tried these options already, I've tried for some time to resolve this issue. Neither have worked - darn microsoft - so I will continue to investigate. I think only a microsoft guy can remedy this.

I have a guy I know but he's real busy. Will try him and post a reply here with his remedy.

Thanks for helping.

~ Pete
pjbruce

Return to XAMPP for Windows