failed installation - can't read source code

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

failed installation - can't read source code

Postby nes » 09. April 2009 20:25

I am trying to instal xampp on a new laptop running windows xp but once the download has finished I get a message saying installation failed because the source code can't be read (or words to that effect). I have successfully installed xampp on my other (old) laptop, so I'm not sure what is happening. Can anyone advise me?

I'm sorry this isn't very technically worded; I'm a bit new to this stuff. :oops:
nes

Re: failed installation - can't read source code

Postby Sharley » 09. April 2009 23:29

Make sure that all traces of this failed install are removed including any folder it created for example c:\xampp

I have found that the installer version used in XP3 has been troublesome for some members.

Try download the EXE (7zip) self extracting version and extract the files to the C:\ drive which will create the folder C:\xampp and place all the files in their correct places.

Then run the setup_xampp.bat file to set the paths correctly.

Next run the control panel - xampp-control.exe and start Apache and MySQL but DO NOT click on the Admin... button next to MySQL or you will have severe issues.

Now you should be able to go to http://localhost/ and select your language, then test your installation by running all the demos.

Good luck and let us know back if that helped any.
Thanks.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: failed installation - can't read source code

Postby nes » 10. April 2009 12:02

Thank you. I had tried that last night without success. However, when I tried again this morning it worked! Thank you for your help. :P
nes

Return to XAMPP for Windows