Xampp is really just safe for localhost without internet!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp is really just safe for localhost without internet!

Postby Dixcuxx » 02. April 2009 08:41

I read this article:
http://robsnotebook.com/xampp-security-hardening
Teach you exactly how to seriously make a Xampp secured, which is like 90% of these steps aren't in the default XAMPP FAQ or whatever, so XAMPP doesn't teach you how to secure XAMPP, just someone else out in the world teaches you how to do that.
So if you use XAMPP, better just cancel your internet service first and just do it with localhost! If not your computer is in serious risk! :lol:
My Community Project:
http://Dixcuxx.com
Dixcuxx

Re: Xampp is really just safe for localhost without internet!

Postby Nobbie » 02. April 2009 09:06

Dixcuxx wrote:So if you use XAMPP, better just cancel your internet service first and just do it with localhost! If not your computer is in serious risk! :lol:

Or switch on your brain and RTFM.
Nobbie

Postby Dixcuxx » 02. April 2009 10:33

Nobbie wrote:
Dixcuxx wrote:So if you use XAMPP, better just cancel your internet service first and just do it with localhost! If not your computer is in serious risk! :lol:

Or switch on your brain and RTFM.

So Xampp is meaningless if everyone just RTFM like you then install apacha, php, mysql by themselves. I am not surprised you imply XAMPP is meaningless by saying this.
My Community Project:
Dixcuxx

Postby Nobbie » 02. April 2009 12:02

Dixcuxx wrote:So Xampp is meaningless if everyone just RTFM like you then install apacha, php, mysql by themselves.

Yes, thats right. I dont use Xampp, but I still think, it's nice for people who dont read/like documentation and are looking for an easy to install webserver software.

Dixcuxx wrote:I am not surprise you imply XAMPP is meaningless by saying this.

No, it's not. In Germany, most people (at least 99% - maybe 100%) use a "Router" to access the internet. Due to NAT, their PCs are naturally protected from any access from outside. Xampp is mentioned to use for local development only - but (in case you have basic or more knowledge) you *might* use it for open access, but you have to do a lot to protect your environment not to be hacked from outside.

I cannot find any problem about that - if you dont like Xampp, dont use it. If your PC is connected directly to the internet like an exposed host, but you dont want Apache listen to incoming request, you also could simply change the "Listen"-Directive to "Listen 127.0.0.1" - and immediately (after restarting Apache) nobody can access your Apache from outside.
Nobbie

Postby Dixcuxx » 03. April 2009 04:00

I suggest you continue your IT education before you talk again, since your IT knowledge is pretty poor. Here we are talking about apache, php, mysql server. A router wouldn't protect people try to access these if they are not well protected. Most of the people like 99% of the whole world don't live in Germany and don't speak German at all, so you are give a pretty bad example while totally off-topic.

I am surprised Geman people have money to use router since German economics is like one of the worst now and could even bring down the whole world.

"German economic crisis deepens More jobs at risk as engineering drops by half in black day"

My home country China "may" help poor country like Germany if Germany really needs, I am not surprised about that. Very likely Conficker is made by someone in China too, may be too harmful for poor technology country like Germany (your poor IT knowledge totally show Germany knows nothing about I.T. at all, such a good example)

Nobbie wrote:
Dixcuxx wrote:So Xampp is meaningless if everyone just RTFM like you then install apacha, php, mysql by themselves.

Yes, thats right. I dont use Xampp, but I still think, it's nice for people who dont read/like documentation and are looking for an easy to install webserver software.

Dixcuxx wrote:I am not surprise you imply XAMPP is meaningless by saying this.

No, it's not. In Germany, most people (at least 99% - maybe 100%) use a "Router" to access the internet. Due to NAT, their PCs are naturally protected from any access from outside. Xampp is mentioned to use for local development only - but (in case you have basic or more knowledge) you *might* use it for open access, but you have to do a lot to protect your environment not to be hacked from outside.

I cannot find any problem about that - if you dont like Xampp, dont use it. If your PC is connected directly to the internet like an exposed host, but you dont want Apache listen to incoming request, you also could simply change the "Listen"-Directive to "Listen 127.0.0.1" - and immediately (after restarting Apache) nobody can access your Apache from outside.
My Community Project:
Dixcuxx

Postby Nobbie » 03. April 2009 08:50

Dixcuxx wrote:I suggest you continue your IT education before you talk again, since your IT knowledge is pretty poor.

You are really stupid - not only knowledge hole, simply stupid. You dont know how a router works, you dont know anything.

Dixcuxx wrote:I am surprised Geman people have money to use router since German economics is like one of the worst now and could even bring down the whole world.

"German economic crisis deepens More jobs at risk as engineering drops by half in black day"

This is pretty funny - there is no drop by half in one day?! Youre newspapers are censored, same as your news, I invite you to come to Germany, I am pretty sure that you want believe youre eyes! Dont believe the crap of your censored news.

Obviously, you are very young and very stupid, so I stop conversation with you, go back to china and believe what you want.
Nobbie

Postby Dixcuxx » 06. April 2009 07:45

Nobbie wrote:
Dixcuxx wrote:I suggest you continue your IT education before you talk again, since your IT knowledge is pretty poor.

You are really stupid - not only knowledge hole, simply stupid. You dont know how a router works, you dont know anything.

Dixcuxx wrote:I am surprised Geman people have money to use router since German economics is like one of the worst now and could even bring down the whole world.

This is pretty funny - there is no drop by half in one day?! Youre newspapers are censored, same as your news, I invite you to come to Germany, I am pretty sure that you want believe youre eyes! Dont believe the crap of your censored news.

Obviously, you are very young and very stupid, so I stop conversation with you, go back to china and believe what you want.

Your language is so offensive shows that you are not educated. I suggest admin shows block someone talks like the way you do.
My Community Project:
Dixcuxx

Return to XAMPP for Windows