Mod_security under xampp

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mod_security under xampp

Postby Machiavel » 30. March 2009 15:32

Hi gays !

I've got some difficulties with mod_security's installation under xampp. I did all things required for both xampp and mod_security's seting but, whenever I try to carry out this cmd : #/opt/lampp/bin/apxs -cia mod_security.c
the error msg below comes up :

/opt/lampp/bin/apxs -cia mod_security.c
cannot open /opt/lampp/build/config_vars.mk: No such file or directory at /opt/lampp/bin/apxs line 218.

Please, give me some help, it's so important :?: :? ... ?

Machiavel,
Machiavel

Re: Mod_security under xampp

Postby Wiedmann » 30. March 2009 17:20

First you must install the XAMPP devel package.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby Machiavel » 31. March 2009 08:10

Wiedmann wrote:First you must install the XAMPP devel package.

Ah okey that's what I thaught, so I'll do it and afterward I get you know, thank you.

Machiavel,
Machiavel

Re:

Postby Machiavel » 31. March 2009 10:22

Machiavel wrote:
Wiedmann wrote:First you must install the XAMPP devel package.

Ah okey that's what I thaught, so I'll do it and afterward I get you know, thank you.

Machiavel,

I've downloaded the developement Package : xampp-linux-devel-1.7. Then, I excuted the cmd : # /opt/lampp/bin/apxs -cia ./mod_security2.c but there are some errors :

/opt/lampp/bin/apxs -cia mod_security2.c -DEAPI

/opt/lampp/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -prefer-pic -O3 -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/lampp/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/lampp

/lib/mysql -I/opt/lampp/include -L/opt/lampp/lib -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -pthread -I/opt/lampp/include -I/opt/lampp/include -I/opt/lampp/include -I/opt/lampp/include -c -o mod_security2.lo mod_security2.c && touch
mod_security2.slo

within the file included of modsecurity.h:40, from mod_security2.c:24:
msc_xml.h:25:31: erreur: libxml/xmlschemas.h : no such file or directory match msc_xml.h:26:26: erreur: libxml/xpath.h : no such file or directory match In file included from modsecurity.h:40, from mod_security2.c:24:
msc_xml.h:31: erreur: expected specifier-qualifier-list before "xmlSAXHandler"
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536

What can I do ?

Thank you in advance !
Machiavel,
Machiavel

Postby Wiedmann » 31. March 2009 10:31

msc_xml.h:25:31: erreur: libxml/xmlschemas.h : no such file or directory match msc_xml.h:26:26: erreur: libxml/xpath.h : no such file or directory match

I guess you must add "/opt/lampp/include/libxml2" to the include dirs (see the apxs documentation).

Did you have the file "/opt/lampp/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlschemas.h"?

(Sorry, I'm not an author of mod_security2. So I have never tried to install this with apxs).
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby Machiavel » 26. April 2009 11:52

Hello,
Sorry for the silence. Yes, I do have this file within /opt/lampp/include/libxml2/libxml/. I tried out another solution with make and configure, but the same thing, it didn't work, in order to create the Makefile I used the ./configure cmd and there are errors with apxs ???

Honestly I'm completly lost, and I'm wonderring if all this issues are related to xampp. May be if I tried to install mod_security only with apache coming with red hat ???

Please help me guies ? :cry: :cry:
Machiavel

Return to XAMPP for Linux