MySQL is deactivated, and I get warnings

Alles, was MariaDB und MySQL betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

MySQL is deactivated, and I get warnings

Postby Janno » 28. March 2009 22:32

I installed XAMPP, and opened it in my localserver (http://127.0.0.1/xampp/).Checking the status learned that all components were active, except MySQL database, which showed to be deactivated.

First question: how to activate the MySQL database.

Another strange thing is that I do get a lot of warnings, telling me "WinMyAQL Admin 1.4: Access violation at adress 1000A1F7 in module 'Lib MysqlDLL'; read of
address 0000000

Second question: what to do now?
Janno

Operating System: Vista

Re: MySQL is deactivated, and I get warnings

Postby Izzy » 28. March 2009 23:16

Janno wrote:I installed XAMPP, and opened it in my localserver (http://127.0.0.1/xampp/).Checking the status learned that all components were active, except MySQL database, which showed to be deactivated.

First question: how to activate the MySQL database.
What version of Windows?
What version of XAMPP?
Both omitted.

In your other post here:
viewtopic.php?p=139327#p139327
You say that MySQL and FileZilla are now working - what happened to the Automatic fix you were so confident about in the SCM?

Go to xampp\mysql folder and double click on mysql_installservice.bat file.

Then go back to the XAMPP control Panel (XCP) and check that the tick is in the Svc box and MySQL is showing a green running indication

Janno wrote:Another strange thing is that I do get a lot of warnings, telling me "WinMyAQL Admin 1.4: Access violation at adress 1000A1F7 in module 'Lib MysqlDLL'; read of
address 0000000

Second question: what to do now?
DO NOT click on the Admin... button next to MySQL, WinMySQLAdmin is deprecated and will give you these issues - it has been replaced in the soon to be released XAMPP version 1.7.1 with phpMyAdmin.

Find your Windows startup folder and remove a shortcut to WinMySQLAdmin if you find one.

If there is a traffic light icon in the system tray then right click and select Win NT> and the menu to stop it is there.

Or right click on the Task Bar and select Task Manager>Processes and look for winmysqladmin.exe and click on it and then select the End Process button answer the question and then close Task Manager - job done.

Next go to xampp\mysql\bin folder and delete the 3 WinMySQLAdmin files so you can't accidentally click on the Admin... button have this issue again.
Izzy

Postby Janno » 28. March 2009 23:58

Windows XP home sp 1,2,3
XAMPP 1.7.0

"You say that MySQL and FileZilla are now working - what happened to the Automatic fix you were so confident about in the SCM?"

Well, after changing the status of those services (control panel, services) I was, at least, able to start both in the xampp control panel
(I changed them to "manually", there no need to start automatically).

So in the xampp control box there now are four. instead of two, green running indications.

Did follow the rest of your steps.

The warnings are gone now, thanks.

Opened up http://localserver/xampp again. Looked in Status. Same as previous: all components are active, except MySQL database, which
is still deactivated.

Which brings me back to my first question: how to activate the MySQL database?
Janno

Postby Izzy » 29. March 2009 00:08

(I changed them to "manually", there no need to start automatically).
If you change that back to Automatic and then look in the status page does it show as Active?

Did you make sure that the service was Started when set to Manual in the SCM before checking the status?
Izzy

Postby Janno » 29. March 2009 10:37

Either starting the service automatically or manually: it makes no difference.

(I checked both situations)

I do open up de XamppControl Panel, and areable to start all four modules
(|4 green indications).

But browsing to 127.0.0.w/xammp, and selecting "status" in the menu I'm told that the
MySQL database is deactivated.

So MySQL is running, but the database is deactivated.

(May be I should do something? Are username/password needed to
activate the database?)
Janno

Postby Izzy » 29. March 2009 10:46

No you don't need a user/pass to start MySQL.

The wording in the Status page is MySQL database which is misleading as simply MySQL would have been fine.

If MySQL is running as you say it is then you have access to databases.

Your MySQL is started if you have the green running indication.

Try and empty your browser's cache and try again.

Also try the CD Collection demo which will confirm that MySQL is running as it should

Also go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin and see what happens.
Izzy

Postby Janno » 29. March 2009 13:36

Well, I decided to uninstall XAMPP, downloaded the installer, runned it, the same for the patch, and all was fine!

Except for that demo CD collection. Since I did input a password earlier I manually had to
input it in the cds.php file. Minor problem.

Thanks for the good support!
Janno

Postby MiltonB2 » 08. April 2009 14:25

Hi Friends
I got the same problem, MySQL stopped
My XAMPP installed worked on one PC (32bits XP SP3) but not on another one (XP SP3 32bit on Athlon 64): MySQL could not start et dropped stopped...
I had the clever idea (for once) to unzip last MySQL 5.133 from the source and the problem disappeared totally
MiltonB2

Return to MariaDB - MySQL