Cannot create license: unknown TLD for domain:

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Cannot create license: unknown TLD for domain:

Postby paulcj2 » 20. March 2009 14:07

I have installed the ZendOptimizer package on my local development server under XAMPP. When I try to use a page that uses this feature, I get the message "Cannot create license: "unknown TLD for domain:" The name of the domain on my server is "clickbasics." The url for the page is http://clickbasics/amember/member.php. Does this mean I need to rename the directory for this site from "clickbasics" to "clickbasics.com?"
paulcj2

Re: Cannot create license: unknown TLD for domain:

Postby Izzy » 21. March 2009 00:44

I have installed the ZendOptimizer package on my local development server under XAMPP. When I try to use a page that uses this feature, I get the message "Cannot create license: "unknown TLD for domain:"
Then does their web site have any help with your TLD issue and how does it check for the TLD?
Questions we can't answer for you here.

ZendOptimizer is enabled in XAMPP by default and the settings can be found in the apache\bin\php.ini file under the [Zend] section.

Where is the clickbasics folder located in the XAMPP installation tree?

Did you make an entry in the C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\Hosts file for clickbasics?

Add
127.0.0.1 clickbasics
just below the 127.0.0.1 localhost entry then save and try again but remember to clear your browser's cache first.

If you are accessing only from localhost then you can name the folder clickbasics.com if it helps and use 127.0.0.1 clickbasics.com in the Hosts file instead of simply 127.0.0.1 clickbasics.

If accessing from the Internet then clickbasics.com would have to be a registered domain name and have the domain's NameServers point to the ISP's IP of your XAMPP server's PC for the domain to find your web server.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows