system error 5

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

system error 5

Postby Ant » 20. March 2009 12:54

Hi i installed xampp on to vista on windows but somehow mysql has installed it's self as a service, the uninstall mysql wont work it says there is a system error 5, can anyone help?
please.
Ant
Ant

Re: system error 5

Postby Izzy » 20. March 2009 12:58

Ant wrote:Hi i installed xampp on to vista on windows but somehow mysql has installed it's self as a service, the uninstall mysql wont work it says there is a system error 5
You must have selected to install MySQL as a service when using the installer version of XAMPP.

What do you mean by the "uninstall mysql won't work"?

System errors are best researched in the System Event Viewer or on Google.

You have to be logged on to Vista as an administrator not a user and have UAC disabled to work with XAMPP.
Izzy

Postby Ant » 20. March 2009 13:15

Hi izzy, i didn't install it as a service at all it did it it's self somehow , in th mysql folder there is a uninstall as a service option but when i d/click it i am am told that there is an error5 problem.
Ant

Postby Izzy » 20. March 2009 13:20

Ant wrote:in th mysql folder there is a uninstall as a service option but when i d/click it i am am told that there is an error5 problem.
You mean there is a file called mysql_uninstallservice.bat which if you were logged into Vista as an administrator would not give error 5 access denied when you tried to run it - you don't have permission to run this bat file as a user.

A work around is to right click on the mysql_uninstallservice.bat file and select to "Run As..." an Administrator.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows