Problem in starting Apache service

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problem in starting Apache service

Postby Rishi87 » 14. March 2009 14:22

Hello all, To run Wordpress locally, I am trying to install XAMPPlite 1.7.0 on Windows XP Pro SP3. But Apache is not starting from XAMPP Control Panel or apache_start.bat file. It shows "Running" for some seconds and then stops. MySQL starts perfectly. FYI, I've not installed IIS or Skype.

Here is what I get on running apache_start.bat file:
Please close this command only for Shutdown
Apache 2 is starting ...
apache.exe: Syntax error on line 477 of C:/Program Files/xampplite/apache/conf/h
ttpd.conf: Syntax error on line 7 of C:/Program Files/xampplite/apache/conf/extr
a/httpd-xampp.conf: Cannot load C:/Program Files/xampplite/apache/bin/php5apache
2_2.dll into server: The specified module could not be found.

Apache could not be started
Press any key to continue . . .

Sorry if this query is already answered before. I can't find the answer related to my problem so created this thread.
Rishi87

Re: Problem in starting Apache service

Postby Rishi87 » 15. March 2009 16:40

Please anyone!
Rishi87

Postby nv_minhluong » 16. March 2009 05:19

me too,
In some PC I can run but now I can not in this PC, I'm very boring :cry: :cry: :cry:
Maybe change to use wamp
nv_minhluong

Postby Izzy » 16. March 2009 05:42

nv_minhluong wrote:...I'm very boring...
...so very true. :lol:
Izzy

Postby Izzy » 16. March 2009 05:52

Rishi87 wrote:Please anyone!
Try these forum search results for Syntax error on line 477 using advanced search and see if any of them help with your issue.
Izzy

Postby nv_minhluong » 16. March 2009 07:14

I have confixed this problem. Because of port 80 using. I use skype and it start first , so xamp can not run. Exit skype and run xamp will not have problem. I believe that your PC is used port 80.
You can try it :D
nv_minhluong

Postby Izzy » 16. March 2009 07:22

nv_minhluong wrote:I have confixed this problem. Because of port 80 using. I use skype and it start first , so xamp can not run. Exit skype and run xamp will not have problem.
You can try it :D
Skype is not the problem with Rishi87 - he has a totally different issue and so your post is off topic in this thread.
Rishi87 wrote:FYI, I've not installed IIS or Skype.

BTW in Skype all you need do is configure it to use other ports than 80 and 443, then you can have Skype and XAMPP - so easy.
Izzy

Postby Rishi87 » 16. March 2009 19:31

Hey, thanks guys for all your help. I tried everything from installing .net framework to editing the config file. But can't get XAMPP lite to work(still don't know why!) :( . So, i finally went for full XAMPP installation and I am up now. I advise people having similar error to go for full XAMPP version. :D
Rishi87

Postby ChrisH » 19. March 2009 19:01

Hi, I found the solution to this was to edit the httpd-xampp.conf file to point to the dll in the php directory rather than the apache directory. (I believe this is because it is actually php that loads the dll)
ie httpd-xampp.conf line 7, make it this:
LoadModule php5_module "C:/path_to_xampplite/php/php5apache2_2.dll"
( remember to replace "C:/path_to_xampplite" with your particluar path e.g. "C:/Program Files/xampplite/php/php5apache2_2.dll")
HTH
Chris H

Here is what I get on running apache_start.bat file:
Please close this command only for Shutdown
Apache 2 is starting ...
apache.exe: Syntax error on line 477 of C:/Program Files/xampplite/apache/conf/h
ttpd.conf: Syntax error on line 7 of C:/Program Files/xampplite/apache/conf/extr
a/httpd-xampp.conf: Cannot load C:/Program Files/xampplite/apache/bin/php5apache
2_2.dll into server: The specified module could not be found.

Apache could not be started
Press any key to continue . . .

Sorry if this query is already answered before. I can't find the answer related to my problem so created this thread.
ChrisH

Return to XAMPP for Windows