XAMPP and MySQL GUI Tools

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP and MySQL GUI Tools

Postby capella07 » 07. February 2009 13:03

Before I installed XAMPP I had MySQL 5 installed and was using the GUI Tools interface to work with MySQL. MySQL was installed at "C:\MySQL\" Prior to installing XAMPP I uninstalled the existing MySQL, then let XAMPP install its MySQL setup. After installing XAMPP in reinstalled MySQL GUI Tools for MySQL 5.0.

Now I can work with MySQL normally from the command line in the directory path that XAMPP creates ("C:\Program Files\XAMPP\mysql\bin\"), but when I run the GUI, it's still looking for the old mysql path.

When I start MySQL Administrator, a message window pops up saying, "Either the server service or the configuration file could not be found. Startup variables and service section are therefore disabled." And in the Administrator interface "Service Control" and "Startup Variables" are grayed out in the left hand pane.

I went through the configuration section and all paths point to mysql in the XAMPP directory, so I don't understand where the problem is.

How do I get the MySQL GUI interface to "find" the XAMPP installation of MySQL?

Thanks for anyone's help
f u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb n prgrmmng
capella07

Re: XAMPP and MySQL GUI Tools

Postby make-fun » 12. March 2009 06:59

Hi there

Have a look here — just posted the solution yesterday:
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=33978

Cheers
make-fun

Re: XAMPP and MySQL GUI Tools

Postby Izzy » 12. March 2009 08:22

...and my comments on the MySQL Administrator GUI, for what they're worth, can be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=138078#p138078
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows