Suggested minor edit to security page

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Suggested minor edit to security page

Postby Phil Berry » 05. March 2009 13:06

Hi,

On the security page, the English text "Safe plain password in text file?" should read: "Save plain password in text file?".
I know this is only nit-picking, as my German is non-existant! But "Safe" doesn't make sense in this context. There are two changes needed on this page.

The URL is: http://localhost/security/index.php

Hope this helps.

Phil
Phil Berry

Re: Suggested minor edit to security page

Postby Izzy » 05. March 2009 13:16

If that niggles you a little then read the readme_en.txt file and you will have a fit. :D

The developers are German language speakers and they do try their hardest to translate as best they can - most English speakers can follow their meaning.
Last edited by Izzy on 12. March 2009 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby Phil Berry » 05. March 2009 17:16

Apologies, I wasn't trying to upset anyone. But as a native English speaker I was just suggesting how the text could be changed to make it better English. I've no way of adding any value to any German text -- absolutely no way at all. :-(

My view is that documentation is as important as the product itself. And I know these are only small things, and that the meaning is clearly understood. But the more accurate the language can be, the more professional the site looks.

BTW, the package is great, otherwise I wouldn't be using it!

Cheers,

Phil
Phil Berry

Postby newbie2244 » 06. March 2009 21:12

Phil-

It's really edifying to browse all the files connected to XAMPP. XAMPP is amazing and I am really grateful that the apache friends did this much work. You can make the change yourself, just find the file with the GLOBALS in it. Let me know how you make out with this.

Regards, :)
newbie2244

Return to XAMPP for Windows