Xampp install on box with existing apache?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp install on box with existing apache?

Postby jaimezee » 04. March 2009 01:13

Unfortunately I cannot locate installation instructions for the Lite version, that consider an ADDITIONAL web server residing on the same box. Gee, and wouldn't you think that many folks opting for the lite version, already have another WAMP or XAMPP install on their local hard drive, but need to prepare a "demo" app on USB flash memory drive??? Such is my challenge.

I downloaded the self extracting zip file and extracted it into: "f:\xampp" I hope this was correct, cause the documentation did not seem clear about it. I still wonder if I needed to do the install to "f:\"?

The next step, was to start XAMPP. I figured out that this can be done with the apache\bein\apacheMonitor.exe program.
But here's the rub -- its starting my OTHER web server (WAMP, btw). And since I'm clicking directly on the EXE, I don't think its a problem with my "path" environmental variable. So, what is the trick to having another Apache server on the same box?? Can anybody lend some insight??

Tks much!!
jaimezee

Re: Xampp install on box with existing apache?

Postby jaimezee » 04. March 2009 03:01

I figured out part of this....The reason why I end up starting WAMP, is that it is the ONLY server listed in the Apache Service Monitor. Now, the question is, how to get XAMPP added into the list???
jaimezee

Return to XAMPP for Windows