project XAMPP for Mac OS X dead? aufgegeben?

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

project XAMPP for Mac OS X dead? aufgegeben?

Postby louiss » 01. March 2009 17:41

Hi
I m osx and win user,and i can see that the projects XAMPP for WIndows and linux will be further developed.
what is happend with the project XaMPP for mac?

I could see last weeks that there is a XAMPP Version 1.0.0 but i hear here that this version is not stable but this notice is 3 o 4 months ago.

for windows and linux are follows details
Download-Links:

news:
============================================================
XAMPP 1.7.1 Beta 3 Deutschsprachig
1. März 2009 Linux 59,3 MB Download
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XAMPP 1.7.1 Beta 2 Deutschsprachig
28. Februar 2009 Win2000/XP/Vista 30,3 MB Download
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stable Version...
XAMPP 1.7.0 Deutschsprachig
22. Dezember 2008 Win2000/XP/Vista 38,9 MB Download

22. Dezember 2008 Linux 54,0 MB Download
XAMPP 1.0.0 Deutschsprachig
22. Dezember 2008 Mac OS X 76,4 MB Download
louiss

Re: project XAMPP for Mac OS X dead? aufgegeben?

Postby kleinweby » 01. March 2009 19:51

hi,

louiss wrote:Hi
I m osx and win user,and i can see that the projects XAMPP for WIndows and linux will be further developed.
what is happend with the project XaMPP for mac?

XAMPP for Mac OS X is still under development.

louiss wrote:I could see last weeks that there is a XAMPP Version 1.0.0 but i hear here that this version is not stable but this notice is 3 o 4 months ago.

Yes, 1.0.0 hase some very big problems and we've decided to hide these release. But we're still working on a new XAMPP for Mac OS X release which fixes this issus :)

Greets,
kleinweby
kleinweby
AF Moderator

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7

Re: project XAMPP for Mac OS X dead? aufgegeben?

Postby crucco37 » 28. April 2009 10:38

Hello all,
I'm very happy to see that xampp for mac is not dead. But I have to mention something that I find very important for the rules of posting. It looks that xampp for mac has not started last week. Maybe the feedback is not very huge. But I really find it not very pleasant to see the link in the rules to the xampp for mac FAQ and then I have to discover that the only thing I see: is 'under construction'. So hopefully i will find some support in this forum. To notice that version 1 was so buggy that it is now unreachable and instead we see version 1.01 will give me the hope that the xampp-group will be much more indulge with the helpseeking user as i find in other forums.

best regards to all here in the forum

_thomas
crucco37

Return to XAMPP for macOS