Help me find older version of Xampp

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Help me find older version of Xampp

Postby ben321 » 01. March 2009 05:36

It said on the Xampp page that the newest version (version 1.7.0) is NOT recommended. So I scrolled down the page looking for the next older version. But I can't find a download for the older version (the one that should work well). I only find the newer version for download, which supposedly doesn't work very well. Please help me find the older version for download.
ben321

Re: Help me find older version of Xampp

Postby Izzy » 01. March 2009 07:20

ben321 wrote:It said on the Xampp page that the newest version (version 1.7.0) is NOT recommended.
I see this:
We do not recommend to make an upgrade because version 1.7.0 have too many changes.
This only refers to doing an upgrade not a full fresh install of 1.7.0 and anyway within a couple of weeks or so perhaps the 1.7.1 beta may be released as a full 1.7.1 version after any bugs are ironed out.

BTW there is a link to all older versions of XAMPP which you must have missed also:
Download older versions of XAMPP (even the "old" WAMPP) directly from Source Forge.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows