Fehlermeldung MySQLAdministrator und 'localhost' Verbindung

Irgendwelche Probleme mit XAMPP für Windows? Dann ist hier genau der richtige Ort um nachzufragen.

Fehlermeldung MySQLAdministrator und 'localhost' Verbindung

Postby PatPowerMan » 28. February 2009 21:02

Leider fand ich zum Stichwort 'MySQLAdministrator' keine entsprechende Hilfe hier mit der Forumssuche oder in der F.A.Q. Deshalb frage ich direkt nach:

Ich starte das Programm 'MySQLAdministrator.exe' aus dem frisch von der MySQL-Seite heruntergeladenen und vollständig ausgepackten 'mysql-gui-tools-noinstall-5.0-r17-win32.zip' und möchte mit dem lokal installierten und laufenden XAMPP-MySQL (v1.7.0) verbinden. Dazu benutze ich die Anmelde-Angaben:
Server Host: Localhost oder localhost oder 127.0.0.1 oder eigene IP
Nutzername: root
Passwort: nichts, leer

Alle Varianten starten zwar den MySQLAdministrator, aber mit der Fehlermeldung:
"Either the server service or the configuration file could not be found. Startup variables and service section are therefore disabled."
Obwohl ich anschliessend einen Status "MySQL-Server läuft" erhalte und z.B. alle Datenbanken unter "Kataloge" sehen kann, bleibt z.B. der Menupunkt "Startvariable" disabled - was ja die Fehlermeldung entsprechend warnt.

Versuchsweise habe ich deshalb die 'C:\xampp\mysql\bin\my.cnf' schon ins \windows-Verzeichnis und ins gleiche Verzeichnis wie 'MySQLAdministrator.exe' kopiert, leider erfolglos.

Was muss ich einstellen, damit ich auch mit dem 'MySQLAdministrator.exe" Zugriff auf diese Variablen bekomme?
(Ich weiss, dass es einen phpMyAdmin gibt - der funktioniert auch wunderbar. Ich brauche aber den 'MySQLAdministrator' zu Dokumentations- und PrintScreen-Zwecken.

Danke für jeden Tipp im voraus!
PatPowerMan

Re: Fehlermeldung MySQLAdministrator und 'localhost' Verbindung

Postby Wiedmann » 28. February 2009 21:34

Hast du MySQL als Windows Service installiert?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby PatPowerMan » 28. February 2009 21:43

Nein, bisher halte ich alles (soweit wie möglich) ohne Installation.
MUSS ich MySQL mit Dienst betreiben, wenn ich den MySQLAdministrator verwenden will?
PatPowerMan

Postby Wiedmann » 28. February 2009 22:27

MUSS ich MySQL mit Dienst betreiben, wenn ich den MySQLAdministrator verwenden will?

Keine Ahnung. Das sollte dir der Hersteller dieses Programmes aber ganz genau sagen können.

Jedenfalls tut's bei mir, wie ein kurzer Test zeigt, und MySQL ist eben hier als Dienst installiert.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby PatPowerMan » 28. February 2009 22:51

Ich hab das versuchsweise nachvollzogen und MySQL über das 'xampp-control.exe' als Dienst installiert.
Das macht leider keinen Unterschied in der Verwendung des 'MySQLAdministrator'.

Dann werd ich mal bei den Jungs von MySQL nachfragen.
PatPowerMan

Postby make-fun » 12. March 2009 07:05

Hi there

Have a look here — just posted the solution yesterday:
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=33978

Need it in German?

Cheers
make-fun

Postby PatPowerMan » 12. March 2009 18:14

Thank you very much for this solution and your effort to post it in this forum!!

Actually, I use XAMPP without installed service. I just use the two 'xampp_start.exe' and 'xampp_stop.exe' to control if XAMPP should run or not.

Do I understand this right: I need a running MySQL service to use MySQLAdministrator with XAMPP?
Without a service, it isn't possible to use this tool?

I ask this, because even with the pressed CTRL-Key and pressed Skip-Button, everything that I can change/choose in the "Dienst konfigurieren" Tab is "Neuen Dienst installieren" (Button "Install new service"). I can not change any path information in the disabled fields.
PatPowerMan

Postby make-fun » 13. March 2009 01:22

In short — no, you don't "neeeeed" to run MySQl as a service. It is just one aspect/fearture of using MySQLAdministrator and from my point of view, the way to go. If you worry about resources etc. set the service to "on demand" by unchecking the box "Launch MySQL server on system start" , so it does not start up with windows. This was you can start it from MySQLAdministrator as well as the "XAMPP Control Panel", when ever needed.

As for what else you can do with MySQL-Administrator… well as with any GUI it's no more then you can do by editing your "my.cnf" in 'C:\xampp\mysql\bin\my.cnf'.
If you add the lines:
Code: Select all
log-slow-queries
long_query_time = 1

you'll turn on "Slow Query Logging" with logging Queries running more then 1sec. So with MySQL-Administrator up and running you can do this with a click of the mouse and for example don't have to worry what the right syntax is and that "slow_query_log" infact is deprecated and will be removed in MySQL 7.0 and you should use "slow_query_log" instead…

So, pointing MySQL Administrator to where everything is using:
Code: Select all
Config Filename: C:\xampp\mysql\bin\my.cnf (For Settings)
Path to binary: C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld (For the Win Service)

allows you not only to control the Win MySQL Service, it also lets you make adjustments to all your MySQL settings!!

And by pointing MySQL Administrator as well as Win MySQL Services to one and the same ConfigFile you save yourself a lot of trouble when making changes to the Config, not remembering where to do them "C:\my", "C:\windows\my.ini" or in "C:\xampp\mysql\bin\my.cnf" — trust me you'll scratch your head 4-6 month from now ;-)
Ignore what the MySQL Administrator Manual says about putting it in "C:\my" or "C:\windows\my.ini" — having just one location of the my.cfn is just the way to go, in my opinion…

Hope this clears up the fog a bit — other then that, just do it… you'll like what you'll see.

Cheers
make-fun

Return to XAMPP für Windows