admin panel problems after password creation

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

admin panel problems after password creation

Postby jashimili » 26. February 2009 04:27

my xampp admin panel stoped working after password creation
Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500
localhost
02/26/09 04:21:33
Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8i mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.6

my websites works and xampp work also, i can connect to sql and phpmyadmin also work, just when i wanna go to xampp admin page i get this error, i had my xampp without password working for some time, but when i created password, my xampp start page stoped working, how can i fix this is there any way?
jashimili

Re: admin panel problems after password creation

Postby Izzy » 26. February 2009 04:33

When ever you get a server 500 error always check the xampp\apache\logs\error.log file as it will have the clue to your issue.
Last edited by Izzy on 12. March 2009 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby jashimili » 26. February 2009 12:58

Thanks i found log file and problem is there isn't password file, here is log error:
The system cannot find the file specified. : Could not open password file: /xampp/security/xampp.users

i didn't touch any file in xampp directory, xampp just didn't create this file, maybe it is problem because i am on windows 7. Can i create this file by my self?
jashimili

Postby Izzy » 26. February 2009 13:05

In the xampp\htdocs\xampp folder you should see a .htaccess file - delete that file.

You may also find a .htaccess file in the xampp\security\htdocs folder, delete that also.

Then try and go your admin page again.

If you can now access the admin page you may also be able to set a password again in the http://localhost/security page.

If Win7 is like Vista then you should disable UAC (User Account Control) and login in as an adminstrator to do most things in XAMPP.
Last edited by Izzy on 12. March 2009 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby jashimili » 26. February 2009 13:32

i hate UAC and i disable it, i am also logged in as administrator, i deleted .htaccess files and i could access on localhost, but i tried to create again password and user for xampp and still same problem, xampp.users file in security is not created .htaccess files are created, and error 500 again...

but i found how to fix problem. i created username and password on my other computer and then just copied in my xampp/security folder on my computer, problem is i guess in win 7.
jashimili

Postby Izzy » 26. February 2009 13:39

Thanks for posting back and yes it must be a Win7 issue but as yet XAMPP is not supported on this OS.

It will take time to iron out all the new Win7 quirks like it did with Vista, XP and all.

Pleased you are now familiar with how the password works.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows