xampp no longer working

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: xampp no longer working

Postby Izzy » 20. February 2009 03:51

Still I have no idea what OS you have on your laptop - are you using Vista?
Last edited by Izzy on 12. March 2009 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby Ladydee » 20. February 2009 03:55

Windows XP sp 3, I am also running OneCare which is Microsoft spyware and antivirus, but I turned all this off to install and it worked before with this.

LadyDee
Ladydee

Postby Izzy » 20. February 2009 04:13

Sometime a fresh install of XAMPP has worked to fix these strange errors, by removing the old xampp folder but first you must make sure to stop all xampp components and uninstall any services or you will get errors when you install again.

Reboot before installing again.

Try another version of XAMPP not the installer version this time - the EXE (7zip) version is self extracting and if you select D:\ to extract all the files to it will create D:\xampp and place all the files correctly then you simply run the setup_xampp.bat file in the D:\xampp folder to set all the paths.

Next try all your addresses again and they should work perfectly this time.

When you install to a folder with a space in the name like Program Files, it can give unpredictable results.

These Google search results will show you just how common and how many different solutions there are for your error "#1130 - Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server" including, as I suggest, a fresh install.
Last edited by Izzy on 12. March 2009 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby Ladydee » 20. February 2009 12:58

I have uninstalled and reinstalled xampp about 5 times this week. I do not like the 7zip, because I have a desktop that I use as well and it is running xampp in the same location that I have this one. When letting a customer see what has been done so far I use my laptop. Therefore I am transfering files with a zip drive from one computer to another.

I would rather find a fix for this Problem.

Thanks you
Ladydee
Ladydee

Postby Ladydee » 20. February 2009 15:46

I went to xampp/status and it states:

Component
Status
Hint
MySQL database DEACTIVATED
PHP ACTIVATED
HTTPS (SSL) ACTIVATED
Common Gateway Interface (CGI) ACTIVATED
Server Side Includes (SSI) ACTIVATED
SMTP Service ACTIVATED
FTP Service ACTIVATED

How do I ativate it?

Thank you
Ladydee
Ladydee

Postby Ladydee » 20. February 2009 22:46

I finally did what you stated. I saved the htdocs folder and the data folder. Uninstalled xampp, rebooted and then reinstalled using the exe-7 to install and I now have everything running again. Hope it stays that way.

I would like to thank you for your help and patience.

LadyDee :D
Ladydee

Postby Izzy » 21. February 2009 03:37

Your most welcome and I am also pleased it now works for you, also you can now enjoy XAMPP.

The reason I recommended the EXE (7zip) method was I had another member who had similar issues that could not be solved using any of the conventional methods we tried, but a reinstall fixed it like magic.

There may be some issue with XP SP3 with the installer, but having said that the member tested this issue again and uninstalled the 7zip installation and tried with the installer version again, and guess what, the installer version worked this time - so the mystery continues.

Best wishes.
Izzy

Previous

Return to XAMPP for Windows