PHP application on Xampp server

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHP application on Xampp server

Postby mikkey24 » 19. February 2009 13:38

Hi, I am sorry if this not the right forum for my question..

I have installed xampp server on my ubuntu machine and running one php application
I want to know that how can I deploy another php application on the same xampp server?
will i encounter any problem like host name database related etc.?

please help

Thanks
mikkey24

Re: PHP application on Xampp server

Postby dmphotography » 20. February 2009 02:05

Hey mikkey24,

First off, please post more details regarding what PHP scripts you are running and wanting to run and how you wish to do so.
You need to create a new database for the new script, which as long as you do that, you shouldn't have any conflicts with it. And as far as adding a new script, just make sure you don't install it directly in the same folder as you have already installed the other.

For example, if you put your first script in your htdocs folder, then you would need to put your second one in a new sub-folder in htdocs. You can place it in a completely different location, but that will take more configuring than doing it in a sub-folder.

Post more details on what you're trying to do and someone will be able to better assist you.
For great video and written tutorials and guides on creating your own web server and installing things such as forums, blogs, etc., visit http://myownhomeserver.com
dmphotography

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Linux