'Win32 not found. Unable to get install path'

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

'Win32 not found. Unable to get install path'

Postby praveengupta » 10. February 2009 07:36

Hi Friends,

I have alreday installed 'xampp-win32-1.7.0-installer' on my machine but when I try installing 'xampp-win32-perl-addon-5.10.0-2.2.11-installer' it prompts me an error message 'Win32 not found. Unable to get install path' .

It would be a great help of mine if any body can help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen
praveengupta

Re: 'Win32 not found. Unable to get install path'

Postby Izzy » 10. February 2009 07:48

I have never trusted installer versions.

Download and extract the EXE (7zip) version to C:\xampp\perl (if C:\xampp is where you installed XAMPP) and if asked to overwrite files then click Yes.
Then run the setup-xampp.bat file 2 times as required in the installation instructions in the readme file.

Read the README file first before downloading and installing the addon.
Izzy

Postby praveengupta » 16. February 2009 09:24

Hi Izzy,

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

I have done the installation of Xampp Server with EXE (7zip) file, and Xampp server is now working. Now I have to configure Bugzilla with Xampp server.
For this, I extracted all the Bugzilla files in the C:/Program Files/Xampp/Apache folder. After that I followed alll the steps mentioned in the Readme file of the Bugzillla, but I didnt worked. Do you have an idea of how to configure Bugzilla with Xampp server.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen Kr Gupta.
praveengupta

Postby Izzy » 16. February 2009 09:45

praveengupta wrote:Hi Izzy,
Thanks for your help!!!!!!!
Your most welcome.

praveengupta wrote:For this, I extracted all the Bugzilla files in the C:/Program Files/Xampp/Apache folder
I don't think that is the right place as the apache folder is a protected folder and you would not be able to access Bugzilla in your browser.

So remove it from the apache folder and install it in the C:/Program Files/Xampp/htdocs folder and continue to follow the readme installation instructions and configurations and it should now work.

If I recall correctly Bugzilla requires a full perl installation so you may also have to install the perl addon from the XAMPP for Windows home page - same place you downloaded the XAMPP file.

BTW telling me "but I didnt worked" is not very helpful, in future give me error messages and full details of what you see, what you have done please.
Thanks.
Izzy

Postby praveengupta » 16. February 2009 11:52

Hi Izzy,

As adviced I have pasted Bugzilla files in the C:/Program Files/Xampp/htdocs folder and followed all the steps mentioned in the Readme file. Plus I have also installed perl addon for the XAMPP.
Now, there is a file called 'checksetup.pl' amoung Bugzilla files and I need to run this file (This file checks the required Perl modules), which is a next step for the installation of Bugzilla.
When I am running this file, it opens in explorer and quickly closes and then asked to save. As per my understanding this file should open in command prompt and should check the required perl modules.

Can you please suggest the correct steps to configure Bugzilla with Xampp.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen Kr Gupta.
praveengupta

Postby praveengupta » 16. February 2009 12:11

Hi Izzy,

Just to add on my previous comment, There is Bugzilla User guide which tellls the steps to installl Bugzilla with XAMPP. It is mentioned in the User Guide that :
"Once all the files are in a web accessible directory, make that directory writable by your web server’s user. This is a
temporary step until you run the checksetup.pl script, which locks down your installation."

I have pasted all the Bugzilla files in C:/Program Files/Xampp/htdocs folder. How can I make this directory writable using web server user.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen Kr Gupta.
praveengupta

Postby Izzy » 16. February 2009 12:15

The htdocs folder is already writable in XAMPP for Windows.

Those instructions may be applicable to installing in an XAMPP for Linux server.
Izzy

Postby praveengupta » 16. February 2009 13:03

Hi Izzy,

As adviced I have pasted Bugzilla files in the C:/Program Files/Xampp/htdocs folder and followed all the steps mentioned in the Readme file. Plus I have also installed perl addon for the XAMPP.
Now, there is a file called 'checksetup.pl' amoung Bugzilla files and I need to run this file (This file checks the required Perl modules), which is a next step for the installation of Bugzilla.
When I am running this file, it opens in explorer and quickly closes and then asked to save. As per my understanding this file should open in command prompt and should check the required perl modules.

Can you please suggest the correct steps to configure Bugzilla with Xampp.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen Kr Gupta.
praveengupta

Postby Izzy » 16. February 2009 13:32

I don't know anything about Bugzilla and from what I have read recently you have picked one of the hardest scripts there is to install on a Windows XAMPP server - a very steep learning curve.

BTW you have installed XAMPP into the C:\Program Files folder which is not recommended as the name has a space in it and can give you some headaches with some XAMPP components - best in C:\xampp which is the default.

Try this to run the checksetup.pl script at the command line:

Go to
start>Run...>
type
cmd

Next type at the prompt
cd C:\Program Files\xampp\perl\bin <--if that is where you installed perl.

At the next prompt in the bin folder type
perl.exe "C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\bugzilla\checksetup.pl" <--if that is the location of the pl file.

Change the paths to your own paths if different.

You may need to edit the httpd.conf file in your text editor also.
Find this line at about line 477
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

Edit the line so it looks like this:
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
Save the file and restart Apache.

Each Shebang (first line) of a .cgi and .pl Bugzilla script will look like this:
#!/usr/bin/perl
and so would need to be changed to reflect the Windows location of the XAMPP perl.exe location like this:
#!"C:\Program Files\Xampp\perl\bin\perl.exe"
and this, as you can imagine, would be a huge task as there are lots and lots of these .cgi and .pl scripts in Bugzilla.

However this can be overcome by doing another httpd.conf file edit and a small registry hack.

Let me know if you know how to edit entries and to backup the Windows registry and I will try and walk you through the process.

Other than that I don't know what else to suggest as I have never installed Bugzilla.
Izzy

Postby praveengupta » 17. February 2009 07:28

Hi Izzy,

I am trying Unzip the XAMPP files in C: drive as adviced by you. But while extracting these files system is prompting me following message in a pop window called '7-Zip: Diagonstic Messages':

0 xampp\php\pear\versioncontrol\SVN.php
1 Data error(Cycle redundancy check)

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen Kr Gupta.
praveengupta

Postby Izzy » 17. February 2009 08:48

Sorry, not seen that before.

All I do with the 7zip file is double click on it then type in the box C:\ then click on Extract button and all is done as it should be.
When the files are all extracted I then run the setup_xampp.bat file and all is done.

Make sure you have downloaded the correct file not the development version.
Last edited by Izzy on 17. February 2009 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby Wiedmann » 17. February 2009 08:50

1 Data error(Cycle redundancy check)

CRC check. The archive is damaged.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby praveengupta » 17. February 2009 09:25

Hi Wiedmann,

Do you have any solutions for this archive damage. Please suggest what should I do next.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen Kr Gupta
praveengupta

Postby praveengupta » 17. February 2009 11:00

Hi Izzy/Wiedmann,

Data error(Cycle redundancy check) issue has been resolved.

Just want to ask something from you guys, that after I have Unzipped all the XAMPP files in the C: drive, we need to run Apache server. For running it there is a batch file called 'apache_start' and when I click on this file a command promt window opens displaying a message that '2 Apache is starting'. After 10-15 mins also the message remains the same.

Does the message '2 Apache is starting' means that Apache has succesfully started or still there is some problem with the Apache server?

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen Kr Gupta.
praveengupta

Postby praveengupta » 18. February 2009 13:09

Hi Izzy/Wiedmann,

I tried to look into the issues that I am facing related to XAMPP and Bugzilla and found that the Apache server is not running.
There is a file named as 'XAMPP Control' (This file is found while we unzipp the XAMPP 7-ZIP file) which shows the status of MySql and Apache. On running this file it shows that MySql is running but for Apache status is NOT RUNNING and shows error message 'Apache server not started -1'.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen Kr Gupta.
praveengupta

Next

Return to XAMPP for Windows