need help with ioncube

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

need help with ioncube

Postby redrocket24 » 14. February 2009 23:42

I am using xampp to work on localhost to get my website designed before making it live.
my website hosting server has ioncube but i need to install now so i can still work on localhost (need it for a component I am installing).
can someone point me to a tutorial?
I tried following the instructions on the ioncube site but they were not detailed enough for me (newbie).
i would really appreciate any help anyone can give. :)
redrocket24

Re: need help with ioncube

Postby Izzy » 14. February 2009 23:48

Read this first:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32670

Then click on this link:
Forum Search for ioncube
Izzy

Postby redrocket24 » 15. February 2009 02:07

Izzy wrote:Read this first:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32670

Then click on this link:
Forum Search for ioncube

While I appreciate you responding I had already tried a search and nothing came up with the answer I needed. I need help to get it installed. If you look over the search you will see that there is actually no answer to this - it all has to do with problems once people had it installed - to get it up and running.

I am sorry if i offended by asking a question. I thought this is what the board was for.
redrocket24

Postby Izzy » 15. February 2009 02:11

There is nothing to install, ioncube is loaded when requested by the script that needs it and the loaders have been downloaded for use by the script...

...and if XAMPP for Windows is working correctly then this is not the place to ask about installing third party scripts - clearly the answer to your question is contained in the above search results...

...but try Google.
Izzy

Postby redrocket24 » 15. February 2009 02:46

Thanks for ALL your help :)
redrocket24

Postby Izzy » 15. February 2009 02:56

Your welcome and good luck with it.
Izzy

Postby redrocket24 » 15. February 2009 14:41

You really should add "board bully" to your signature.
redrocket24

Postby Sharley » 16. February 2009 01:29

redrocket24 wrote:You really should add "board bully" to your signature.
25 Forum Posting Etiquette Tips
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby redrocket24 » 16. February 2009 02:01

Sharley wrote:
redrocket24 wrote:You really should add "board bully" to your signature.
25 Forum Posting Etiquette Tips

Apparently nobody read the last of those rules - 25. Do not chastise newbies.
I needed help and I got a lecture instead. I was lost as to what to do and just wanted someone to point me in the right direction. I did a search and couldn't find any help so I posted.

I have never had this reaction on all the boards I have visited to get help. :(
redrocket24

Postby Sharley » 16. February 2009 02:33

redrocket24 wrote:Apparently nobody read the last of those rules - 25. Do not chastise newbies.
I needed help and I got a lecture instead. I was lost as to what to do and just wanted someone to point me in the right direction. I did a search and couldn't find any help so I posted.

I have never had this reaction on all the boards I have visited to get help. :(
You were definitely not chastised.
I believe, by the tone of all your replies in this topic, that it's quite clear who was being helpful and who was being sarcastic and aggressive and if you respond in such a manner in other forums then you will most likely get the response it deserves.

BTW, the replies and the links Izzy provided to you did contain the answers to your original post and then your response to his help received the reply it deserved.
I am sorry if i offended by asking a question. I thought this is what the board was for.

In future, please try and respect those who volunteer their free time to try and help others on these forums and refrain from sarcasm as a response.
Thank you.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby redrocket24 » 16. February 2009 02:50

Obviously I am new - when I did a search and couldn't find the help I needed I asked for help. The reply to this was a link saying do a search first and the second link was a search result.

I am just not sure why if someone was being so helpful they couldn't have mentioned that I should search first and then link directly to the search answer - not the entire results if they were already searching. I am not sure what help I need - this is why I asked if someone could point me to a tutorial.Immediately I felt chastised because it was implied that I was bothering someone by asking the question.

When you are a newbie this stuff is not so obvious. You may have read a thousand times someone asking the same question but for the newbie asking it is the first time.

I asked this exact question on another board (copied word for word) and immediately someone mentioned I could do a search for the next time and then linked me to the answer.

Yes my answers are sarcastic - but not the first two. I replied thanking the person for replying but mentioned that it didn't help me. I then get a reply telling me the answer IS there (highlighted in bold letters) but no further help. This felt sarcastic to me so I replied in turn. I only resorted to sarcasm after I felt chastised for even asking and not knowing how to find the answers I needed.

I appologize for reacting so strongly. In future I will be more careful in my replies.
redrocket24

Postby sharetung » 20. April 2009 18:34

redrocket24, don't keep in mind.
Some geeks think they are so good.
sharetung

Return to XAMPP for Windows