Where's the toplevel XAMPP build script?

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Where's the toplevel XAMPP build script?

Postby dfavor » 05. February 2009 14:10

I'd like to do some testing with new openssl, mysql and sqlite before the next XAMPP release.

Let me know where the top level build script is to rebuild an entire XAMPP distribution.

Also let me know if there is a more detailed description, better than the RELEASENOTES, which has the actual sites where code comes from to verify licensing of each included project.

Thanks!
dfavor

Re: Where's the toplevel XAMPP build script?

Postby dmphotography » 05. February 2009 18:37

Why do you want to try and rebuild the XAMPP setup? That would probably be far more difficult than it's worth, because the developers of XAMPP have spent a substantial amount of time changing the configurations of each component so they will work together in a simple install. So just adding new versions to XAMPP won't work as far as I know.

Why not instead just stop/disable the current MySQL or completely delete it if you like, then install the new version of MySQL and simply link it in the phpMyAdmin settings. For the most part, that's the only place MySQL ties into XAMPP is through the phpMyAdmin configuration. The other things you mentioned, openssl and sqlite should be just as easy to replace as long as you update the references to it in the configuration files.

That's going to be much easier than trying to rebuild XAMPP and configuring the new versions to integrate with XAMPP.

By the way, they have the development package for download in the download section, http://www.apachefriends.org/download.php?xampp-linux-devel-1.7.tar.gz if you insist on doing that.
For great video and written tutorials and guides on creating your own web server and installing things such as forums, blogs, etc., visit http://myownhomeserver.com
dmphotography

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Where's the toplevel XAMPP build script?

Postby dfavor » 10. February 2009 19:59

And there must be a single script which builds & integrates all the components.

This is what I'm looking for, so I can just run the toplevel build script, with any new components and be done.
dfavor

Return to XAMPP for Linux