email and/or sendmail problems - help

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

email and/or sendmail problems - help

Postby flagger » 06. February 2009 04:29

HI , I've been trying to get an open source mailing list management software (phpbms) to run on xammp and have tried following many leads from this forum without any luck.
I have had the software running from my web based server (not local) and everyhting works fine, however once i install it on my local xammp server, it generates errors when trying to send emails and fails to send them.
I have tried configuring the smtp settings for both the php.ini and sendmail.ini within Apache with no luck, same errors returning. HELP! - I am not very experienced with php but am not afraid to do the editing, if I only new what needed to happen.

do I need to have a mail server installed on xampp, I also tried enabling Mercury without much luck, not that I really knew what was going on.
sorry for the noob
any advice would be much apprecieated
thanks
flagger

Re: email and/or sendmail problems - help

Postby Izzy » 06. February 2009 08:12

flagger wrote:...it generates errors when trying to send emails and fails to send them.
What error messages?

flagger wrote:I have tried configuring the smtp settings for both the php.ini and sendmail.ini within Apache with no luck
Which php.ini file and what settings did you change and what did you change them to?

flagger wrote:do I need to have a mail server installed on xampp, I also tried enabling Mercury without much luck, not that I really knew what was going on.
You don't need to install another mail server or use Mercury Mail if you sort out the php.ini or sendmail.ini correctly.

Please remember we can't see your screen or know what you are doing or have done from here, we rely on you to relay all the details you can regarding your issues.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows