Postgresql??

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Postgresql??

Postby Steve » 30. October 2003 15:17

Is it possable to install postgresql for xampp? or if not, can i install postgresql and then recompile php into xampp? how would i recompile php with all the correct options for this?

thanks for any help :)
Steve

Postby Oswald » 30. October 2003 15:36

Hi Steve!

Yes you've to compile PHP by yourself. You also need the XAMPP development package. And of course an installed PostgreSQL.

The configure options I used for XAMPP are:

Code: Select all
env ORACLE_HOME="/opt/oracle/OraHome1" CFLAGS="-O6 -I$ORACLE_HOME/network/public -I/opt/lampp/include/libpng -I/opt/lampp/include/ncurses -I/opt/lampp/include -L/opt/lampp/lib" ./configure --prefix=/opt/lampp --with-apxs2=/opt/lampp/bin/apxs --with-config-file-path=/opt/lampp/etc --with-mysql=/opt/lampp --disable-debug --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ctype --enable-dbase --enable-discard-path --enable-exif --enable-filepro --enable-force-cgi-redirect --enable-ftp --enable-gd-imgstrttf --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-ttf --enable-magic-quotes --enable-memory-limit --enable-safe-mode --enable-shmop --enable-sigchild --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-track-vars --enable-trans-sid --enable-versioning --enable-wddx --enable-yp --with-ftp --with-gdbm=/opt/lampp --with-jpeg-dir=/opt/lampp --with-png-dir=/opt/lampp --with-tiff-dir=/opt/lampp --with-freetype-dir=/opt/lampp --without-xpm --with-zlib=yes --with-zlib-dir=/opt/lampp --with-openssl=/opt/lampp --with-expat-dir=/opt/lampp --enable-xslt --with-xslt-sablot=/opt/lampp -with-ming=/opt/lampp --with-dom=/opt/lampp --with-ldap=/opt/lampp --with-ncurses=/opt/lampp --with-gd --with-imap-dir=/opt/lampp --with-imap-ssl --with-imap=/opt/lampp --with-gettext=/opt/lampp  --with-mssql=/opt/lampp --with-interbase=/opt/interbase --with-mysql-sock=/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock --with-oci8=shared --with-mcrypt=/opt/lampp --with-mhash=/opt/lampp --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring=all --with-curl=/opt/lampp

You may need to remove --wtih-oci8=shared.

Greetings and good luck
Oswald
Oswald
Apache Friends

Operating System: Linux

Postby Steve » 30. October 2003 16:54

how do i do it with the XAMPP development package?

all i want is to recompile PHP.

is this possable to do after i have installed the XAMPP package?

so in a nutshell here is what i want to do:

i have installed XAMPP - it all works great! (thanks for this it saved me hours ;))
i want to recompile php to include postgresql support.
i have downloaded the devel package.

do i now install it with tar -xfvz develpackage.tar.gz /opt -C (i know the filename is incorrect here) and then recompile php from those files or will i have to reinstall the whole XAMPP package from source?

thanks for the help and thanks for this lifesaveing solution to LAMPP :D:D
Steve

Postby Oswald » 30. October 2003 17:04

Hi Steve!

Okay let's say it with steps:

Step 1. You need XAMPP installed (of course) ;)

Step 2. You need the devel package and install it with: tar xvfz xampp-linux-devel-1.3.tar.gz -C /opt
(The development package includes all libraries and C header files [but not the one from Interbase and oracle] you need to compile PHP, MySQL or whatever is included into XAMPP by yourself. But it doesn't includes the complete source code of PHP, MySQL, Apache etc.)

Step 3. Download PHP source code and follow the PHP install instructions from www.php.net using my posted configure line.

Sounds a little bit complicatet but that's the easiest way.

Greetings
Oswald
Oswald
Apache Friends

Postby Steve » 30. October 2003 17:28

Sounds easier then some things i have had to do.

cheers for the quick reply :D
Steve

Postby Steve » 31. October 2003 19:38

Thanks for the help you gave but when i try to compile php i get an error with IMAP. it says IMAP support - yes and then IMAP works - NO.

and then the ./configure stops.

i took out the IMAP commands and then i had errors with the gd library

i did install the devel package as the instructions said.

any ideas on the problems?

i am using Redhat 9.
Steve

Postby Oswald » 31. October 2003 23:59

Hi Steve!

Which version of PHP do you try to compile?

Greetings
Oswald
Oswald
Apache Friends

Postby steve » 04. November 2003 16:50

the latest stable version from php.net 4.3.3 i think
steve

Return to XAMPP for Linux