WAMP for beginners

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

WAMP for beginners

Postby mumbojumbo » 29. January 2009 00:22

I (and I guess many other newbies) need a introduction that describes how wampprograms works together..
I have for instance created a table in phpmyadmin but I don´t know how to but data in it or how to put it on the www.

I suggest a description how I do as follow (In order to learn how the wamp-program is used TOGETHER):

Creatate a simple table in Mysql (id, firstName, lastName)
Put it in localhost in a new folder (Persons)
The first Page (index) contains the table and a linkbottom called ”Add Person” And in this link there is a form where you fill in firstName and lastName and a bottom called Submit wich takes you back to the index page wich table now is updated with the new name.
Also on the first page every Person can be marked and deleted by a bottom namned ”Remove person”.

I hope you understood my need. If there is existing tutorials on the www for this plesae give me the link(s)
mumbojumbo

Re: WAMP for beginners

Postby Izzy » 29. January 2009 00:27

Try this Link
Izzy

Postby mumbojumbo » 29. January 2009 00:37

Did that. Followed a tutorial for WAMP Lite. I created a table phpmyadmin but havent got a clue how to insert data.
mumbojumbo

Postby Izzy » 29. January 2009 00:49

WAMPP is not XAMPP so include XAMPP in your search and perhaps search this forum also.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows