mysql not starting

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

mysql not starting

Postby mumbojumbo » 26. January 2009 01:39

Hi folks,
I´ve just installed xampp 1.7.0 on Vista. (After having tried to install the programs one by one and failed.)
Can´t start mysql have searche this base, but noway.
During installation I got the message port 3306 already in use. Is this the porblem and how do I solve it.
The error message is as many others have been writing on this forum: My SQL Service not started (-1)
I can´t unclick the "Svc" for My Sql in the XAMPP control Panel.

my command localhost is working and I havel also tested simple PHP-script in the indexfile and it´s running fine.

But about Mysql: Can´t make it running!
ple-e-e-e-e-e-ase HELP!
:cry:
mumbojumbo

Re: mysql not starting

Postby Izzy » 26. January 2009 01:43

Make sure UAC is off and you are logged in as an admin or a super admin.

Run xampp\xampp-portcheck.exe to see what is on port 3306.

Then go to xampp\mysql and double click on mysql_uninstallservices.bat file or right click in Vista and select to run as Administrator.

Try again.
Izzy

Postby mumbojumbo » 26. January 2009 03:02

Great Than ks Izzy!
The portprogram didn´t start but rest of your help solved the problem and mysql is now running!
However now I got a message saying "Windows Firewall is blocking mysql. Do you want to go on blocking it or do you want to unblock it? Unblocking is carried out in every nets, i the publid category that you conect to."

Do I have to unblock to make it work?
mumbojumbo

Postby Izzy » 26. January 2009 03:15

The portprogram didn´t start
Then you don't have admin rights.
Right click on the xampp-portcheck.exe file and select to run as an Administrator.

The Windows firewall is only half a firewall as it does not block SpyWare or other malware from accessing the Internet without warning you first. It only blocks incoming requests so is not a true firewall only a security feature - half a firewall though is better than no firewall at all.

I recommend disabling the Windows Firewall altogether and installing the free Internet Security Suite from Comodo a trusted SSL certificate provider and leader in Firewall technology.
Comodo Internet Security not the Pro as it costs $.
Comodo Firewall
Unfortunately, most firewalls leak. But Comodo Firewall has passed all known leak tests to ensure the integrity of data entering and exiting your system. Comodo has put their firewall through all kinds of tough tests to ensure their firewall is strong enough to prevent such attacks right out of the box.

In the mean time you should allow MySQL on port 3306 in the Windows Firewall.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows