MYSQL won't start

Alles, was MariaDB und MySQL betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

MYSQL won't start

Postby shrg18 » 16. August 2007 14:20

hello,

I don't speak German, please help in english.

I installed xampp yesterday, after disabled firewall, apache and mysql were running green. when I start it today, only apache started running.

I checked the status page, it shows mysql database and ftp not deactivated.

so I uninstalled xampp and reinstalled it, get the same results.

any solutions to fix it?

thanks
shrg18

Operating System: windows 8

Postby shrg18 » 16. August 2007 14:35

hello,

figured it out.

after removed mysql server 5.0 using windows control panel, mysql of xampp start green.

I think it might be a conflict of sharing port 3306.

ftp still remains in red, but it is not the concern.
shrg18

Postby martinpre » 16. August 2007 15:46

In the xampp folder is an application called xampp-portcheck.exe. Start it and you know which programm uses a needed port.
martinpre

Postby shrg18 » 17. August 2007 14:48

saw it. thanks
shrg18

Re: MYSQL won't start

Postby jform » 09. January 2009 22:33

5. I had a problem with the MySQL server starting. It worked the first few times I tried it and then stopped working. If this is the case for you, there is a simple solution. Go under C:\xampp and click restart.exe. You have to leave the command window open while running, but that isn’t a problem.
jform

Postby glitzi85 » 10. January 2009 02:38

jform wrote:You have to leave the command window open while running, but that isn’t a problem.

Maybe not for you, but what if someone uses XAMPP on a server (like me)? You will not keeping an RDP-Session open 24/7 only because of an MySQL-Error :wink:

glitzi
glitzi85

Postby qbjj07 » 10. January 2009 08:00

I am not very literate in this whole thing, I'm trying to get through it without really knowing what I'm doing, so please bear with me, but my goal is to try to run phpmyadmin. MySQL won't start on my XAMPP control panel, and when I tried the mysql_installservice it said "Access denied, try to start the MySQL deamon as a service...System error 5 has occurred". What does that mean?

I would appreciate if anybody could help to walk me through this to get phpmyadmin running in the next few days. Or if you have any easier ways to go about this, I am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
qbjj07

Postby Izzy » 10. January 2009 08:16

Are you on Vista?
If so make sure you are logged in as an Administrator so you have permission to install services.

If you have XAMPP on a network drive then you will not be able to install a service if logged in as a user.

Try running mysql_uninstallservice.bat file first by right clicking on the bat file and selecting to run as an administrator if on Vista.

Then go to your XAMPP Control Panel and try and Start MySQL again by clicking on the Start button.

If you go to Xampp For Windows in the Apache Friends in English forums or do a forum search in that forum you may come up with a solution.
Izzy

Postby shrg18 » 10. January 2009 23:54

I don't remember how it happened last time when I posted this topic. Since then, xampp runs well on both XP and Vista.

Maybe downloading the newest version of xampp will help solving the problem.
shrg18

Postby qbjj07 » 12. January 2009 04:45

When I try to install it as administrator, it says the system cannot find the path specified. Any suggestions?

Also looked through some other threads but could not find anything in English. If you could link some for me it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
qbjj07

Postby Izzy » 12. January 2009 04:53

qbjj07 wrote:When I try to install it as administrator, it says the system cannot find the path specified. Any suggestions?

Also looked through some other threads but could not find anything in English. If you could link some for me it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
This post in response to an issue about a system issue with reference to setting up a super administrator may help - perhaps read the posts above it also.
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?p=132765#p132765

Your error message should also be displayed in the Windows Event Log and may be more detailed:
From the Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer->Application (and/or System)

You could also check the system event log under start>Administrative tools>Event Viewer> check the Application and System events ( XP path but Vista may be in a similar location).
Last edited by Izzy on 12. January 2009 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby qbjj07 » 12. January 2009 05:01

I turned on super administrator, and it still says path not found, try running MySQL deamon as a service, system error 3.

Any other ideas?
qbjj07

Postby Izzy » 12. January 2009 05:05

Then you have other issues that you need to investigate further.

See my post addition re Event Viewer.

You could also try and uninstall Xampp by stopping all components and removing any ticked boxes in the XAMPP Control Panel then Exit the XCP, often overlooked.

If you used the installer version then select to uninstall it and make sure that before installing again that the xampp folder is deleted.

I recommend to download the 7zip self extracting exe file version and extract it to your C: drive which will install XAMPP to the preferred default C:\xampp

Then simply run the xampp_setup.bat file and now you are a super administrator this bat file should run for you.

Members who have done this type of reinstall have had great success for fixing seemingly unexplainable problems.
Izzy

Postby qbjj07 » 12. January 2009 06:21

Uninstalled, downloaded 7-zip, unzipped it to C:/, and when I tried to run xampp_setup.bat as a super administrator it says "Sorry...cannot find php cli"
qbjj07

Postby Izzy » 12. January 2009 06:43

qbjj07 wrote:Uninstalled, downloaded 7-zip, unzipped it to C:/, and when I tried to run xampp_setup.bat as a super administrator it says "Sorry...cannot find php cli"
This may be a path issues that is being defined in another php.ini file or in the System Variables.

You may have had another instance of php on your PC that has left some residue or you may still have another instance of php on your PC - perhaps part of another program that has put an PHPRC entry in the System Variables Path section.

Have a read of this post and see if by following some of the procedures you can find the solution as your issue now may or may not be related to your original post.
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?p=130329#p130329
Izzy

Return to MariaDB - MySQL