phpmyadmin error on table pma_history

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpmyadmin error on table pma_history

Postby northend » 23. December 2008 21:33

I installed 1.7 today by uninstalling my previous version and installing 1.7 (I kept my existing databases and htdoc files)

All is OK apart from an error in phpmyadmin that I have searched the forums and Google for and can't find out how to get rid of.

The error is "#1034 - Incorrect key file for table 'pma_history'; try to repair it ". I have found out that it is something to do with the fact that there is a field named "table" in this table. I tried to repair as suggested in the posts I found but the error message just keeps appearing again.

I presume I have missed some upgrade step and if somebody could help then that would be great.

Thanks
northend

Re: phpmyadmin error on table pma_history

Postby Cjs_3f » 09. January 2009 10:41

I got exactly the same error on "pma_column_info". I tried to repair it with "REPAIR TABLE pma_column_info" via the mysql prompt, but it didn't work neither.

€dit: Ok I fixed it using the USE_FRM clause.
Cjs_3f

Postby wefixcomputers.net » 11. January 2009 17:56

I just ran an empty on the pma_history table and it fixed the issue
wefixcomputers.net

Postby Izzy » 12. January 2009 00:01

wefixcomputers.net wrote:I just ran an empty on the pma_history table and it fixed the issue
Thanks for your response and solution.

This is for those not familiar with the above solution or how to Empty (or Truncate) a table.

Logged in as root user in phpMyAdmin (PMA) open the phpmyadmin database by clicking on the database in the left column menu or from the Database drop menu if navigating elsewhere in PMA.

Now find the pma_history table and put a tick in the box next to it to select it.

Next click on the drop menu With selected at the end of the list of tables and select Empty from the list.

You will be brought to a window and asked
Do you really want to: TRUNCATE `pma_history`;

Answer Yes to proceed and No to cancel this operation.

If you answered Yes then you will be returned to the table list with a green message
Your SQL query has been executed successfully
TRUNCATE `pma_history` ;

You should now see 0 (zero) records in the pma_history table.

If you answered No then you will be returned to the list of tables with no action taken and the tick next to the pma_history table will have been removed.

Job done.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows