Unable to load dynamic library php_pgsql.dll

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Unable to load dynamic library php_pgsql.dll

Postby dmphotography » 10. January 2009 05:13

Ok,
Since installing and setting up XAMPP on my server, I haven't really messed with it besides making security tweaks here and there to better protect it. It just so happens I installed it right before the new 1.7 release, so it has the previous version on it. I've added a LOT of content to it and due to the fact I don't want to take it offline and risk several hours of jacking with it to get it back up, I'm sticking with that version for now.

Well I decided to take a glance at my error log while trying to solve an issue with a domain name and I noticed since I started the server I've been having an error line in it.

Code: Select all
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup:  Unable to load dynamic library 'B:\\xampp\\php\\ext\\php_pgsql.dll' - This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

What does that do by the way?

Well the reason I decided to make a post and ask about this is that same thing showing on a test computer where I tried installing today each of the components in XAMPP individually and had such a difficult time in the other post and finally figured it out. And it's clearly there, so how do you go about solving these? From the best I can tell, it's caused by a different version, or incorrect version, of that extension file being loaded.

Thanks for your help.
For great video and written tutorials and guides on creating your own web server and installing things such as forums, blogs, etc., visit http://myownhomeserver.com
dmphotography

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Unable to load dynamic library php_pgsql.dll

Postby Izzy » 10. January 2009 05:55

See if the explanation in this post applies in this case.
viewtopic.php?p=132618#p132618
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows