Need help with Proftpd configuration.

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Need help with Proftpd configuration.

Postby dmphotography » 09. January 2009 05:41

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to learn this whole Linux side of XAMPP and I'm having a little difficulty following how the proftpd works. I'm familiar with the Filezilla FTP Server that comes with the Windows version of XAMPP, but from what I gather, proftpd is all configured from the proftpd.conf file.

I was reading the documentation on it from the creator's website and it was talking about configuring the Virtual Host for it and I'm not sure how that works since there's no reference to it in the proftpd.conf file.

The reason I ask and what I'm wanting to do is to have it listen on only one IP and not all incoming requests on port 21 so I can set it to a VPN.

Can someone post an example of their configuration file so I can get an idea of how it works?

Thank you very much for the help.
For great video and written tutorials and guides on creating your own web server and installing things such as forums, blogs, etc., visit http://myownhomeserver.com
dmphotography

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Need help with Proftpd configuration.

Postby glitzi85 » 09. January 2009 09:28

In this case you do not need the VirtualHost-Part of proftpd. Just put in these two lines directly under DefaultServer:
Code: Select all
DefaultAddress      127.0.0.1
SocketBindTight         on

Replace 127.0.0.1 with your VPN IP Adress. After an restart everything should work as desired.

glitzi
glitzi85

Return to XAMPP for Linux