port 80 and 443

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

port 80 and 443

Postby peterputki » 06. January 2009 23:32

Hello im trying to instal joomla but when i start installing xampp 1.7 it cant get apache running port 80 and 443 problem, how can i see what is using port 80 and 443?? i tryed allready xamp port check but it says just system.
Please help.i have vista on my machine.
I changed in skype aswell the ports and messenger is not running.
peterputki

Re: port 80 and 443

Postby Sharley » 06. January 2009 23:50

The port check should say free not system.

You have IIS (Windows Web Server) running, so disable it in the Windows Control Panel as described elsewhere in these forums.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby peterputki » 07. January 2009 00:12

Sharley wrote:The port check should say free not system.

You have IIS (Windows Web Server) running, so disable it in the Windows Control Panel as described elsewhere in these forums.

you mean control panel-admintools-services- and there i really cant find it if there is another way i would be really greatfull thank you for your fast reply :lol:
peterputki

Postby dmphotography » 07. January 2009 00:53

I don't know if IIS is included in Vista or not. But even if in Server 2003, go to "Add/Remove Windows Components" and just simply remove it. If you need it later (which you won't if you're using Apache), then you can re-add it back.
For great video and written tutorials and guides on creating your own web server and installing things such as forums, blogs, etc., visit http://myownhomeserver.com
dmphotography

Operating System: Windows 7

Postby Sharley » 07. January 2009 00:55

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321141

1. Open Control Panel. To do this with Microsoft Windows 2000 (which uses IIS 5.0), click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel. To do this with Microsoft Windows XP (which uses IIS 5.1), click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs. In the Add/Remove Programs window, click Add/Remove Windows Components (located in the lower left side of the window).
3. In the Windows Component Wizard window, click to select Internet Information Services (IIS), and then click Details.
4. Scroll through the list of Subcomponents of Internet Information Services (IIS), click to clear the check box next to the subcomponent or subcomponents that you want to remove, click OK, click Next, and then click Finish.NOTE: You can use this process to add subcomponents by selecting instead of clearing the subcomponent check box, but you may have to have the operating system CD available.
5. To exit, click Close in the Add/Remove Programs window, and then close Control Panel.

Google search How to for Vista
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows