New to XAMPP version 1

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

New to XAMPP version 1

Postby chess4us » 26. October 2003 19:03

Hi everyone I am new to XAMMP (Windows 2000)

I used to use phpdev from firepages and just wanted to say this package is great.

I have a few minor problems that I hope someone can correct.

I run a program called compchess @ http://trillianchess.homelinux.com and the program run great however, when I try to call an computer engine in this program nothing happens and the errors I get are :

[25-Oct-2003 23:40:36] PHP Warning: main($webchess_path/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\xampp\htdocs\bin\play.php on line 93
[25-Oct-2003 23:40:36] PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '$webchess_path/config.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\'

I read one of the posts dated 27 of May that stated to change the include_path =';c:\xampp\php\includes'

But I still get the same type of error:

[26-Oct-2003 00:11:11] PHP Warning: main($webchess_path/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\xampp\htdocs\bin\play.php on line 93
[26-Oct-2003 00:11:11] PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '$webchess_path/config.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\includes') in c:\xampp\htdocs\bin\play.php on line 93

I know this is just a path issue, can anyone shed any light on how to solve this problem.

Thanks
chess4us

path

Postby MAGnUm » 27. October 2003 01:10

you might need to give a dir tree to explain where the include files are for that program u r running, or just add the path in the php.ini file to the include dir of the chess program.
~~:M A G n U m:~~
(Disclaimer: if any of this info is confusing or vague tough, its free!!)
MAGnUm

Re: path

Postby chess4us » 29. October 2003 03:42

MAGnUm wrote:you might need to give a dir tree to explain where the include files are for that program u r running, or just add the path in the php.ini file to the include dir of the chess program.

Thanks for the information however, can you give me an example of a correct include statement. Also I am not sure whether I add to an exsisting path or create a new line. Would I add something similar to the example below:

; Windows: "\path1;\path2"
; include_path = ".;c:"
include_path = ".;\xampp\php\pear\;\xampp\htdocs\bin"

or this:?

; Windows: "\path1;\path2"
; include_path = ".;c:"
include_path = ".;\xampp\php\pear"
include_path= ".;\xampp\htdocs\bin"

Thanks again!
chess4us

yeh...

Postby MAGnUm » 29. October 2003 19:47

the first one is the correct way of doing it.
MAGnUm

Re: yeh...

Postby chess4us » 01. November 2003 00:45

MAGnUm wrote:the first one is the correct way of doing it.

chess4us

u r welcome

Postby MAGnUm » 01. November 2003 14:51

glad i could help! :D
MAGnUm

Return to XAMPP for Windows