Sharley, did you write XAMPP?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Sharley, did you write XAMPP?

Postby dmphotography » 06. January 2009 13:09

I did a search and nothing came up. :P

The reason I ask is I figured you must be at least one of the people who designed it or had a part in it. You're full of knowledge on how to solve it as if your install was crashing on you daily and you've fixed every error everyone asks about. LOL.

It's great having someone that knows that much active in a forum and helping people, because I've been to so many support forums for different things in the last couple of weeks and the word "Support" isn't the term I'd use to describe them.

Thanks for all the help!
For great video and written tutorials and guides on creating your own web server and installing things such as forums, blogs, etc., visit http://myownhomeserver.com
dmphotography

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Sharley, did you write XAMPP?

Postby Sharley » 06. January 2009 13:49

Ha! Ha! not guilty.

Kai "Oswald" Seidler also the forum Administrator.
Carsten Wiedmann also a forum moderator, XAMPP and PHP/MySQL guru...
Kay Vogelgesang XAMPP For Windows
...to name just 3 of them.

Take a look at some of the php files in the XAMPP folder may give some clues as to the developers...
<meta name="author" content="Kai Oswald Seidler">
<meta name="author" content="Kai Oswald Seidler, Kay Vogelgesang, Carsten Wiedmann">
...and of course the Apache Friends web site under the menu item Team will also provide the crew - you may not have navigated their web site yet.

Thanks for your complements.
Sharley
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby dmphotography » 06. January 2009 16:30

Now that you mention them, I have noticed their names in the headers of some of the files. A wonderful work those people have done indeed!
I have a great appreciation for it because I started off learning by trying to install each thing individually and not knowing what the heck I was doing. It was an epic fail to say the least.

I am curious though,
What is it that you do? I also noticed you've mentioned in another post you host a handful of sites yourself. Are they personal sites or client sites? And can we take a peek at them?
For great video and written tutorials and guides on creating your own web server and installing things such as forums, blogs, etc., visit http://myownhomeserver.com
dmphotography

Operating System: Windows 7

Postby Sharley » 06. January 2009 23:04

dmphotography wrote:I am curious though
Old proverb - "Curiosity killed the cat".

Click my Profile and it will reveal my last website design which I also manage for the client and if you have a mobile phone then go to the mobile site that I also developed (still work in progress but with web design, does it ever get finished?).

I also designed a full Flash website a while back for a client who on-sold it to his client and claimed it for his own design, which is acceptable if the price is right. ;)

I also owned several Hosting companies that I sold about 5 years ago, again when the price was right ...but hay, we are getting off-topic for this forum now. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows