MYQSL Crashes

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MYQSL Crashes

Postby ChrisBrooke » 29. December 2008 09:52

Hi There

I just upgraded to the latest version os XAMPP - to find that after about 30 seconds of starting the MYSQL Service it shuts down with the windows message "mysqld has encountered a problem and needs to close........"

The Error Logs says:
The application, C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 12/29/2008 @ 00:19:39.984 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 006B8853 (mysqld)

and

Faulting application mysqld.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module mysqld.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x002b8853.

Ive just tried totally reinstalling windows and installing XAMPP again but the same error occurs.

Does anyone have any idea how i can fix this?!!
ChrisBrooke

Re: MYQSL Crashes

Postby Sharley » 29. December 2008 10:25

What OS are you using?

Will MySQL run if you don't install it as a service? - Stop MySQL and remove all the ticks in the Svc boxes in the XAMPP control Panel.

Now Exit the XCP.

Then go to the xampp folder and double click on mysql_start.bat file - see if it stays up now.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby ChrisBrooke » 29. December 2008 17:18

Im using Windows Xp with Service pack 3 Installed.

The batch file version works good, not crashing out - but id rather run mysql as a service - i dont usually have a monitor on my xampp machine so usually would like everything to start automagically when booting up.

plus i'd rather not have a cmd window all the time to use mysql as closing the window disconnects the sql server again

Any other help?!!
ChrisBrooke

Postby Sharley » 29. December 2008 22:00

My first post was to find out if on Vista and to see if the bat file returned an error message why it was failing and I am familiar with how the console windows remains open but was a test not a fix because some of the info I required was missing in your first post.

Your logged into XP as an administrator?

Did you try again after using the bat file to again install the service?

If it still fails again, stop all XAMPP components and remove the ticks in the Svc boxes and close the XCP.

Go to xampp\mysql and double click on the mysql_installservice.bat

If you get a message that the service is already installed then double click on the mysql_uninstallservice.bat file.
Then try and tick the MySQL Svc box then OK then Start.

If that still fails then do the following.

Go to start>Run... and type sc delete mysql click OK (sc is the Windows Service Controller)

Next go to your XCP and tick the MySQL Svc box then OK then Start.

Fingers crossed. ;)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby Brad » 03. January 2009 03:58

I have the exact same problem as described, with this error in the event viewer:
Faulting application mysqld.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module mysqld.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x002b8853.

MySQL crashes as soon as the service is installed and started. Manually started from the Services control also results in an a crash. Like Chris I am able to run MySQL fine not as a service, but I like to just have it automatically run without me having to press any buttons.

Tried all above suggestions to no avail. :(
I reformatted my PC with Windows XP Home Edition (same as before) only a few days ago and downloaded XAMPP 1.7.0 for a fresh install. Never had this problem before with 1.6.8 (I think it was).
Brad

Postby Sharley » 03. January 2009 04:08

Are you logged into XP Home as an administrator, if that is possible, or as a user?

When you installed XAMPP did you use the Installer version and selected to start component services?

If you are not an administrator you may not be able to set services.

Start>Run... type sc delete mysql then OK <--this will remove the MySQL service so you can start again.

Running mysql_uninstallservice.bat will do the same thing from the mysql folder.

Now try and start the service again from the mysql folder mysql_installservice.bat file this time and see if you get an error message in the console window.

If no problem go to your XAMPP Control Panel and the Svc should have a tick in the box, then simply click on Start to get MySQL up and away.

If as you say you have tried everything then in that case do a proper uninstall of XAMPP and make sure the services are uninstalled and the XCP is closed and all XAMPP components are stopped first.

Then try a fresh install and try a different method this time by downloading the zip version and simply extracting to the C:\ drive then run the setup_xampp.bat file.

When installed go to your XCP and click on the Svc boxes next to the components you want to start as a service then click on Start buttons.

I never use the installer version only the 7zip version and I had no problems at all with 1.7.0 on XP, works a treat following the above method.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby Brad » 03. January 2009 05:12

Uninstalled, downloaded the self-extracting 7Zip version, ran that and it appears to be working fine. Forgot I'd not used the installer last time. Thanks for the help Sharley. :)
Brad

Postby Schrumpfkopf » 06. January 2009 22:05

ChrisBrooke wrote:Hi There

I just upgraded to the latest version os XAMPP - to find that after about 30 seconds of starting the MYSQL Service it shuts down with the windows message "mysqld has encountered a problem and needs to close........"

The Error Logs says:
The application, C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 12/29/2008 @ 00:19:39.984 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 006B8853 (mysqld)

and

Ive just tried totally reinstalling windows and installing XAMPP again but the same error occurs.

Does anyone have any idea how i can fix this?!!

There is a Bug-Report on MySQL-Bugs for this Problem: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=36149
Schrumpfkopf

Postby Izzy » 10. January 2009 10:38

Schrumpfkopf wrote:There is a Bug-Report on MySQL-Bugs for this Problem: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=36149
Sorry, I can't see the connection between the OP's issue and the reported bug.

I could have missed something that you have spotted so perhaps you could elaborate as the OP seems not to have returned with any clear indication that any suggested remedies in this Topic were indeed a solution for his issue - another good example of why returning to inform the forum if a fix was effective is essential behavior and good forum etiquette so that other readers may benefit from this knowledge.
Izzy

Postby klipper » 15. January 2009 21:49

Hi,
Unfortunately I experience exact same trouble with mysqld as Brad described above running Xampp 1.7.0 on winXP pro servicepack3. Only way to install the service is using the xamp\mysql\mysql_installservice.bat from within a command box.
Installing succeeds, but mysqld.exe immediately crash after it has been started by mysql_installservice.bat. I tried all above solutions: clean up the mysql service and reinstall, used different distributions: the "zip" version, the "7zip" selfextracting version. Another "zip" version I installed before on a Vista box which works OK after installing with the mysql_installservice. bat too on that Vista box. So nothing helps except reinstalling Xampp 1.6.8.

Has someone find a solution for this already?
klipper

Postby Izzy » 15. January 2009 23:56

Run the mysql_uninstallservice.bat file first.

Then run the mysql_start.bat file (not the mysql_installservice.bat file) and see if you get an error message.

Don't install a service unless you want to start the app every time you boot your PC do it manually after checking that MySQL will start normally.

Another possible MySQL fix here:

Follow the instructions in this topic to download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) which may help.

This post has another MS fix for MySQL
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32617
Izzy

Postby Rothchild » 17. January 2009 16:28

I have the same issue on WinXP SP3 with XAMPP 1.7.0, MySQL crashes nearly instantly when running as a service. A few notes;

Checking Svc in XCP for MySQL seems to work, but the check is gone after restarting XCP. Running mysql_installservice.bat works and consistantly shows the check in XPC.
Starting MySQL while not installed as a service (either through the bat or XPC) works perfectly, but starting it while installed as a service (either through bat or XPC) and it crashes within a few seconds.
I've tried the installer, Zip, and 7z.
Apache works perfectly, even while installed as a service.
MySQL works perfectly when I installed 1.6.8.
Rothchild

Postby gosi » 19. January 2009 23:28

Dear Sharley!

Thank you so much for all your explanations..

I manage to install the xamp 3 times and still having no sucess, after reading your posts and deleting sc delete mysql i finnaly put this to work, i was about to quit the program..

Really thank you
gosi

Postby XPiRiT » 22. January 2009 13:30

I have same proble with a mysqld.exe and not start service mysql.
For the problem of service i go to start-run: services.msc and find mysql service. Click in settings - start sesion -this account and choose the admin account (the tabs may be other names, i have spanish win). Then click ok and start service.
(sorry for the bad english)
XPiRiT

Postby mcfingrs » 23. January 2009 00:00

I tried all of the suggestions to no effect. I decided to look through Program and found directories and files (filezilla, mySQL) that were leftover from previous installs (not exclusively XAMPP). This last uninstall cycle, i deleted the mySQL directory in program files and that seems to have fixed the issue.

hope that helps someone,
good luck!
mcfingrs

Next

Return to XAMPP for Windows