Mysql access from remote computer.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mysql access from remote computer.

Postby zugsat » 22. December 2008 02:15

Hi! I´m quite new at this, i install xampp a few days ago and on the local computer everything works fine.

On the local computer i run HeidiSQL and Mysql Front to access to mysql database and works fine, on the host name i put localhost or 127.0.0.1 and all works ok.

The problem is when i tried to access to mysql database from a remote computer using either HeidiSQL or Mysql Front i cant connect to the database, on the host name i put my external ip address that is correct (because i can access to my web page) or my dns name, but i cant have access to my database, the port 3306 is also open on my router.

Probably i am missing something on the host name, could someone give me some help on this, i think it is a host name problem but i cant figure where is the problem.

Regards

Zugsat
zugsat

Re: Mysql access from remote computer.

Postby Wiedmann » 22. December 2008 02:26

could someone give me some help on this,

If HeidiSQL or Mysql Front does not provide a helpfull error message (original error message from the mysql client library), please use the MySQL command line client for a connection test.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Re: Mysql access from remote computer.

Postby zugsat » 22. December 2008 17:25

Hi, it seems that first i have a firewall problem the 3306 port was closed now it´s ok.

After that, the user i was trying to login don't have privileges :( but after a little more search finally i managed to have access to my database ufff :D

Thanks.

Regards
zugsat

Return to XAMPP for Windows